Stuttering with new CPU

I just installed my new Ryzen 5 3600 today (had a 1600) and when I started it up, it is stuttering. I tried doing some games and they all stutter bad too. I looked up how to fix it and someone said go to Device Manager and right click on anything that has an exclamation point next to it. On "Other Devices" in device manager, it has 2 "PCI Device" things with exclamation points in them. The Hardware Ids it gave me are: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00, PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_87C01043, PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&CC_130000, and PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&CC_1300. Where do I find these? Or is there an easier way to fix the stuttering? TIA!

Did you reinstall the OS and update the BIOS? It's good practice to reinstall Windows when changing CPUs.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Did you reinstall the OS and update the BIOS? It's good practice to reinstall Windows when changing CPUs.

BIOS has been updated but I didn't reinstall the OS. I haven't messed with computers for a while and I don't remember how to reinstall the OS.

7 minutes ago, Richard N. said:

BIOS has been updated but I didn't reinstall the OS. I haven't messed with computers for a while and I don't remember how to reinstall the OS.

MS have an imaging tool. Just get a 4gb or larger usb drive and run the app

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I just did it through windows without the USB. Does basically the same thing I think.

20 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

My computer restarted and now my screen is just black with a cursor on it that I can move. What do I do? 

47 minutes ago, Richard N. said:

My computer restarted and now my screen is just black with a cursor on it that I can move. What do I do? 

This is why you use a bootable USB stick. Do it the proper way

When I replaced my board and cpu I had no other way then installing windows new. :D It forced me cause it didnt boot up at all haha. 

On the windows site there is a programm you can download where you get windows to install again. Either via USB or via DVD ( yes i have a original Windows DVD :D

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

I'm having the same issues as the first post except i have a 3700x and i did a fresh windows install. Same missing drivers and everything. Also now my boot time is much longer then before even though this new install is on a nvme ssd rather then my old install being on sata ssd.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I made an account just to reply to this thread. I have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and I also had the same problem except i dont think i had any stutter but perhaps slighly slower startup times, im not sure. Anyway my device manager showed 3 unknown PCI devices with the same hardware Ids as you Richard N (I think, atleast when i quickly checked them they looked the same). I found a fix on a german forum. I translated the site in english and thats how i found a fix lol. Someone there replied to another person with this very same issue that he should download the chipset drivers for the motherboard he has. I have AMD based motherboard so I downloaded the chipset drivers here: https://www.amd.com/en/support and it fixed the issue!

Hope this helps guys!

I have the same kind of problem except that get blue screens... I also have the same unknwon PCI-Devices with the same hardware ids. I reinstalled my OS and updated my bios but i have still the same kind of issue. The error on my blue screen is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

On 8/16/2019 at 1:45 AM, AMDguy said:

Hey guys,

I made an account just to reply to this thread. I have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and I also had the same problem except i dont think i had any stutter but perhaps slighly slower startup times, im not sure. Anyway my device manager showed 3 unknown PCI devices with the same hardware Ids as you Richard N (I think, atleast when i quickly checked them they looked the same). I found a fix on a german forum. I translated the site in english and thats how i found a fix lol. Someone there replied to another person with this very same issue that he should download the chipset drivers for the motherboard he has. I have AMD based motherboard so I downloaded the chipset drivers here: https://www.amd.com/en/support and it fixed the issue!

Hope this helps guys!

After reading this thread i installed the chipset drivers and yay the pci unknown devices are away.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 4:45 PM, AMDguy said:

Hey guys,

Hope this helps guys!

Thanks for that! I think I saw the same forum post you did but maybe not because I didn't see anything for an actual fix other than a link to the support site for the guy's motherboard. But i did what you said and it worked so thanks for that. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what the issues was because I had 4 of them and they were not "Unknown Device"s until I had a GPU driver clean installation fail.But everything is working great now with all drivers installed.