I need help! Display/Monitor, help me please!

Hi, my parents recently (within the past year) bought a TV (which can double as a monitor). It is the Vizio d32f-fi and it says the input is 60hz and the effective refresh rate is 120hz. So i am wondering if i will be able to use this TV for my PC and game at 120fps. And if so, what cable should I use that can support the 120hz refresh rate? The TV has 2 HDMI ports. 

Note: The TV is 1080p

Below is the link to the TV model information, if it doesn't work just search up 'Vizio d32f-f1 model information' and it should be one of the first links. 

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated as i am a bit clueless. Thanks

https://support.vizio.com/s/article/D32f-F1-Model-Information-1?language=en_US

28 minutes ago, CullenM_2004 said:

Hi, my parents recently (within the past year) bought a TV (which can double as a monitor). It is the Vizio d32f-fi and it says the input is 60hz and the effective refresh rate is 120hz. So i am wondering if i will be able to use this TV for my PC and game at 120fps. And if so, what cable should I use that can support the 120hz refresh rate? The TV has 2 HDMI ports. 

Note: The TV is 1080p

Below is the link to the TV model information, if it doesn't work just search up 'Vizio d32f-f1 model information' and it should be one of the first links. 

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated as i am a bit clueless. Thanks

https://support.vizio.com/s/article/D32f-F1-Model-Information-1?language=en_US

You should just buy a monitor, you can get a 144hz monitor for around the same price as a TV, or even cheaper. I wouldn't trust a TV, as the input lag is high, and sometimes, as in my case, the refresh rate is fake.

Edit:NVM u already bought it

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

2 hours ago, Boinbo said:

You should just buy a monitor, you can get a 144hz monitor for around the same price as a TV, or even cheaper. I wouldn't trust a TV, as the input lag is high, and sometimes, as in my case, the refresh rate is fake.

Edit:NVM u already bought it

Any advice tho?

40 minutes ago, CullenM_2004 said:

Any advice tho?

You should be using my hdmi 1.4 or higher to support 120hz. Your PC should be able to do 120fps though.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

1 hour ago, Boinbo said:

You should be using my hdmi 1.4 or higher to support 120hz. Your PC should be able to do 120fps though.

Ok thanks, i am going to be using a i7 8700 (non k) and a Zotac gtx 1060 6gb, so i should get 120fps on 1080p (i am ordering the Zotac gtx 1060 tonight, so if there is a better gpu to get instead for around the same price can you help me?) thanks

Just now, CullenM_2004 said:

Ok thanks, i am going to be using a i7 8700 (non k) and a Zotac gtx 1060 6gb, so i should get 120fps on 1080p (i am ordering the Zotac gtx 1060 tonight, so if there is a better gpu to get instead for around the same price can you help me?) thanks

How much does it cost?

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3