Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CullenM_2004

I need help! Display/Monitor, help me please!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, my parents recently (within the past year) bought a TV (which can double as a monitor). It is the Vizio d32f-fi and it says the input is 60hz and the effective refresh rate is 120hz. So i am wondering if i will be able to use this TV for my PC and game at 120fps. And if so, what cable should I use that can support the 120hz refresh rate? The TV has 2 HDMI ports. 

Note: The TV is 1080p

 

Below is the link to the TV model information, if it doesn't work just search up 'Vizio d32f-f1 model information' and it should be one of the first links. 

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated as i am a bit clueless. Thanks

 

 

https://support.vizio.com/s/article/D32f-F1-Model-Information-1?language=en_US

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CullenM_2004 said:

Hi, my parents recently (within the past year) bought a TV (which can double as a monitor). It is the Vizio d32f-fi and it says the input is 60hz and the effective refresh rate is 120hz. So i am wondering if i will be able to use this TV for my PC and game at 120fps. And if so, what cable should I use that can support the 120hz refresh rate? The TV has 2 HDMI ports. 

Note: The TV is 1080p

 

Below is the link to the TV model information, if it doesn't work just search up 'Vizio d32f-f1 model information' and it should be one of the first links. 

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated as i am a bit clueless. Thanks

 

 

https://support.vizio.com/s/article/D32f-F1-Model-Information-1?language=en_US

You should just buy a monitor, you can get a 144hz monitor for around the same price as a TV, or even cheaper. I wouldn't trust a TV, as the input lag is high, and sometimes, as in my case, the refresh rate is fake.

Edit:NVM u already bought it


Just say @Boinbo if you need me! I'll be limited to GPU, CPU, general discussion, peripherals, and new builds and planning though. I'm a potato.

System specs:

Laptop with core i3 4030u 

Integrated HD 4400 GPU 113MB

768p 14" screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Boinbo said:

You should just buy a monitor, you can get a 144hz monitor for around the same price as a TV, or even cheaper. I wouldn't trust a TV, as the input lag is high, and sometimes, as in my case, the refresh rate is fake.

Edit:NVM u already bought it

Any advice tho?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CullenM_2004 said:

Any advice tho?

You should be using my hdmi 1.4 or higher to support 120hz. Your PC should be able to do 120fps though.


Just say @Boinbo if you need me! I'll be limited to GPU, CPU, general discussion, peripherals, and new builds and planning though. I'm a potato.

System specs:

Laptop with core i3 4030u 

Integrated HD 4400 GPU 113MB

768p 14" screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Boinbo said:

You should be using my hdmi 1.4 or higher to support 120hz. Your PC should be able to do 120fps though.

Ok thanks, i am going to be using a i7 8700 (non k) and a Zotac gtx 1060 6gb, so i should get 120fps on 1080p (i am ordering the Zotac gtx 1060 tonight, so if there is a better gpu to get instead for around the same price can you help me?) thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CullenM_2004 said:

Ok thanks, i am going to be using a i7 8700 (non k) and a Zotac gtx 1060 6gb, so i should get 120fps on 1080p (i am ordering the Zotac gtx 1060 tonight, so if there is a better gpu to get instead for around the same price can you help me?) thanks

How much does it cost?


Just say @Boinbo if you need me! I'll be limited to GPU, CPU, general discussion, peripherals, and new builds and planning though. I'm a potato.

System specs:

Laptop with core i3 4030u 

Integrated HD 4400 GPU 113MB

768p 14" screen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×