File Explorer Keeps Crashing

Eponymous98

Hello, I recently updated to 1903 and every time I try to access the downloads folder (only the downloads folder) the file explorer crashes, Any ideas? 

10 minutes ago, Eponymous98 said:

Hello, I recently updated to 1903 and every time I try to access the downloads folder (only the downloads folder) the file explorer crashes, Any ideas? 

Revert back to 1809 and try again?  

Did you have any external drives plugged in during the install/update?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

5 minutes ago, nick name said:

Revert back to 1809 and try again?  

Did you have any external drives plugged in during the install/update?

No, I did not... 

It happens only in the 1903.

26 minutes ago, Eponymous98 said:

Did you try a Google search before asking here? Try the fixes in this page and see if any (there are 4) help.

1 hour ago, Blai5e said:

Did you try a Google search before asking here? Try the fixes in this page and see if any (there are 4) help.

I did, but I am going to search a bit more.. 

I asked here mainly because I wanted to see if anyone is experiencing the same problem and has found a fix.

13 hours ago, Eponymous98 said:

Sounds like it should be related to something with that folder. Have you checked for any hidden files like thumb.db and tried deleting that?

You'll probably have to use either Command Prompt, or something like 7zip File Manager or Filezilla to browse to it

You might also try resetting the folder view on that folder incase there is some sort of corrupt media file attempting to load a thumb which is crashing it. 

Also in your Event Viewer are there any error logs that you can provide?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA