The WEIRDEST mouse we’ve ever seen…

There are some weird ergonomic mice out there, but... can you still call it a mouse if it's not shaped like one?

Buy RollerMouse Red Wireless :
On Amazon: https://geni.us/l7pCvpS
On Newegg: https://geni.us/jBO7Bh

Buy desktop trackpads: 
On Amazon: https://geni.us/KbJws5
On Newegg: https://geni.us/AjDnL

This mouse looks like a weirdly redesigned printer's toner cartridge/drum to me.

On a side note, given that David smashed a decorative object in this video, how comfortable is the rest of the staff when he is handling those expensive Red cameras? ;)

If you wanted a cross between a rollerbar mouse and a touchpad then look at the Mousetrapper Advance, it is basically a rubber rolling touchpad. 

Actually came here to post that I love Riley's job with the video too. He's really come into his own, I love his style

If it was compatible with the best ergonomic keyboard in existence (the Microsoft Natural 4000) I'd have given this a shot years ago, but alas... there's no point in an ergonomic mouse if you only can use it with keyboards that make your hands hurt. Instead I've got trackballs on the left and right side of my keyboard. Also, a vertical mouse for $15 which is amazing. Though, mostly I've cut the need for a mouse out of my computer usage. The mouse was a mistake, after all.

I feel they kinda missed the mark on this. Mainly the way they controlled it - you can use your finger yes, but it's so much better to use your thumb as you avoid some of the problems mentioned about controlling it. Though I really wish Apple would licence their touchpad tech to third-parties so we can have this kind of product, only with a proper touchpad.

I prefer the Mousetrapper Advance myself, found the Rollermouse to be too inaccurate. Started using it at work couple of years ago as and it's been great. Riley briefly mentioned it, but to be able to move your hand slightly down to control the mouse is great when you have a lot of typing-heavy sessions with brief mouse movement. Still got a regular mice for when I need to be faster and more precise with the pointer. While either option is great, you're simply less precise and fast using it rather than a standard mouse.

It's not for everyone, but most offices in Norway usually offer either a Rollermouse or a Mousetrapper. Didn't think it would be such a foreign product, but hey.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

I actually do ergonomic assessments and have recommended the Roller Mouse by Contour to clients (not this model though).  Its a type of mouse (in-line mouse) used mostly in the financial and HR sectors where they have to work on something similar to an excel sheet most of there work days completing data entry.  This way they can easily change the cell they are entering information in a vertical orientation.  Also used a bit by individuals that tend to read long vertical pages and are constantly typing (think a professional translator) without much mousing around.  On a side note, the Roller mouse can be programed to pause the scrolling when hitting the horizontal limit (doesn`t just have to snap to the side), but that may be a model specific feature I`m thinking of. 

The health benefits of this style mouse and the work demands were it shines are pretty specific.  The track-pad style mouse can be a good alternative.

If you ever want some other "janky" ergonomic stuff to review I would suggest Vertical keyboards, finger tip mice, or footswitch (for accessibility).  There`s a ton of jank out there if you know where to look.

I don't have this problem.

It's been WELL OVER a decade since I left mice behind and moved to a trackball. My first was a Logitech Trackman Wheel, then a Logitech M570 and my current daily workhorse which is a Logitech MX Ergo Plus.

Is it the best for gaming? Probably not. Is it great for productivity and working on a giant screen? Hell yeah. Does it solve the issues of RSI, Carpel Tunnel and other injuries resulting from constantly moving your arm and wrist? Absolutely.

Can you take it on the go and use it with a laptop? Works there too LOL

The truth is it totally depends on what you do with your mouse - the environment, screen size, type of software and what your body is comfortable with. I had severe cramps in my hands when trying to use a travel mouse that was just too small. Likewise, the heat from my old laptop would cook the trackpad making me hold my finger tips on it after a few seconds discomforting due to that concentrated heat spot.

I guess my next big wish would be for Logitech to make a LEFT HANDED version of the MX Ergo - that way I could remap the ball and buttons on my other hand for game functions instead of using a keyboard.

Even better would be something like the old Logitech G13, but with the joystick swapped out with a trackball.

Alright Riley this was your best video yet. 

I'd rather just get a trackpad, as I'm usually in the habit of reaching down with my thumb to click instead of moving my entire hand.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Apologies for necro-ing this post a bit, but I really have to know what the name of that song is that starts around 45 seconds. The orchestral/cinematic piece. Anyone know? Thanks!