Addding a New Monitor to setup "Hp 32s"

RuiCardona_1

I've been considering adding this so called "Hp 32s" to my setup.

I'll be pairing it up with a 21,5" monitor that'll be used only for shooters and everything else on that monitor.

Here's what I'll be doing on the 31,5" Hp32s: City Builder games and strategy games like those from "Total War" and "Paradox" ; Content Consumption such as watching movies, videos, reading, going to forums, facebook and twitter, etc; light video editing (short FPV drone flights) ; and having it as a second monitor for when I'm gaming so I can have say Discord on it.

I usually stay 60cm up to 1m way from my monitor(1.96ft to 3.3ft) 60 when I'm playing and the rest when I'm laying back watching videos or writing or maybe just scrolling down on twitter.

So here's the question: Is the monitor good for my case? If yes what makes it good if not what makes it bad and what would you recommend (note I want something not smaller than 27")

Thanks in advance all!

For that screen size I'd say that 1080p is going to look quite blown up and blurry, at least from my research. People typically say go for 1440p for 27 inches, so 32 inches I'd say 4k or if necessary 1440p.

23 hours ago, Chriscosmo12 said:

For that screen size I'd say that 1080p is going to look quite blown up and blurry, at least from my research. People typically say go for 1440p for 27 inches, so 32 inches I'd say 4k or if necessary 1440p.

You're totally right, after your comment I did some research and your point proved absolutely true. Plus 32 inches is just a bit under a TV so I don't know what went through me when I thought it was a good idea...

I looked up the BenQ GL2706PQ, is it a good one?

On 6/20/2019 at 3:45 PM, RuiCardona_1 said:

You're totally right, after your comment I did some research and your point proved absolutely true. Plus 32 inches is just a bit under a TV so I don't know what went through me when I thought it was a good idea...

I looked up the BenQ GL2706PQ, is it a good one?

I'd say look up a bunch of reviews, and especially ones which include test charts and the likes which show accuracy, contrast, etc. of the panel. I'm not so sure about that one since for the price you are getting a TN panel. I'd go for VA or IPS over TN, unless of course you are an extremely competitive FPS player. I actually just bought a LG 32GK650F, and 32 inches is definitely reaching a TV-on-your-desk size. But the VA panel quality is very good, and the whole "ghosting" that is the negative downside is not noticeable by myself, then again I don't play fast-paced games. I will also say you need quite a setup if you are getting a 1440p monitor, as playing games at 1080p is impossible from what I've seen so far due to scaling. If you have more than a 1060 6GB you should be mostly okay, especially going to need it for Cities Skylines.