Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ash.J

Windows black screen boot with cmd

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey everyone,

 

I am facing this issue where when I boot my system and after filling the password I am welcomed by a black screen with command prompt on it(System 32).

someone told me to type in "explorer.exe" to retrieve the desktop back; and it sure did.But that was a temporary fix,now every time i boot my system i am greeted by this black screen and every time i have to type in the command to get the desktop.

 

I have tried sfc/scannow command on cmd but did not help....there were no error.

I was planning to restore my system to a safe point...but since i did not enable that feature i could not do so.

I did not want to reinstall windows as it said i can keep the personal files but the apps that i installed would be deleted.

I got lots of apps and games and i dont want to waste time reinstalling them,although they were installed on separate HDDs whereas the OS(WINDOWS 10) is on my SSD.

 

Anyone who faced the same problem?

can anyone fix it?

Please do help me out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend had the same problem. You need to use System Restore.

 

Another option is to run MSOOBE and hit SHIFT+F3 while it's running to enter Audit Mode, but that's advanced shit.


Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

My friend had the same problem. You need to use System Restore.

 

Another option is to run MSOOBE and hit SHIFT+F3 while it's running to enter Audit Mode, but that's advanced shit.

i want to restore it.......but i have to install my apps again.But i still want to know if my OS is installed on ssd and my games and apps on HDDs why are my apps getting affected by this restore?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ash.J said:

i want to restore it.......but i have to install my apps again.But i still want to know if my OS is installed on ssd and my games and apps on HDDs why are my apps getting affected by this restore?

No you don't  You don't lose any data or apps.  However if you have apps installed in between then just pick a latest date one below what you have now.  All apps will work fine.  Just go back to before the black screen and what not.


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4514 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1915 @ 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ash.J said:

i want to restore it.......but i have to install my apps again.But i still want to know if my OS is installed on ssd and my games and apps on HDDs why are my apps getting affected by this restore?

because that's how Windows Shadow Copy works.


Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

No you don't  You don't lose any data or apps.  However if you have apps installed in between then just pick a latest date one below what you have now.  All apps will work fine.  Just go back to before the black screen and what not.

as i mentioned before , i cannot select a point for restore as i did not enable that feature,therefore there are no recovery point to which i can restore back to.

 

my only other option is for reinstalling windows...but the apps are the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 5/20/2019 at 6:45 AM, BleachedFur said:

because that's how Windows Shadow Copy works.

so my apps will be deleted right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ash.J said:

so my apps will be deleted right?

I don't think so. They might be uninstalled because system restore modifies your registry.


Seriously, get over it. It's either do system restore and reinstall 2-3 things or reinstall Windows 10 and everything else.


Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My first question would be if you checked your boot/startup settings in msconfig. Make sure it's not set to boot to safe mode with CMD. But that might be a noticeable thing, due background looking weird. When it first loads up, does it have a background with a CMD prompt? or is it a complete black screen kind of cmd?  I'm still leaning on the msconfig. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, soulreaper11207 said:

My first question would be if you checked your boot/startup settings in msconfig. Make sure it's not set to boot to safe mode with CMD. But that might be a noticeable thing, due background looking weird. When it first loads up, does it have a background with a CMD prompt? or is it a complete black screen kind of cmd?  I'm still leaning on the msconfig. 

i will check it......for me it is a black screen with a small window of cmd

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, soulreaper11207 said:

My first question would be if you checked your boot/startup settings in msconfig. Make sure it's not set to boot to safe mode with CMD. But that might be a noticeable thing, due background looking weird. When it first loads up, does it have a background with a CMD prompt? or is it a complete black screen kind of cmd?  I'm still leaning on the msconfig. 

check it...no its not set to safe mode....i think i will have to reinstall the os

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be able to refresh the pc with out uninstalling software if I remember. If not it does give you a lit of all the isntall software. You can also run belacr before the reisntall to get a list of software along with all the cd keys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×