Hi there,

My PC's parts are:
Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.6 GHz
ASUS B450M PLUS TUF
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4-3000
XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX
SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Fully-Modular
Fractal Design - Meshify C Mini Dark TG MicroATX Mini Tower Case

I just got and built this PC, but the microphone never outputted any sound. I even bought a USB-to-sound card without any drivers, but there's still no sound coming from the microphone.

I tried going into the Sounds control panel, checking any settings, and revising accordingly, but any changes made had no effect on the input. I tried uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling them from the motherboard's website, but that had no luck as well. If anyone has any tips or solutions for me to try, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've recently tried buying a USB-to-sound card, which included both a microphone and headphone jack, and the headphone jack works perfectly, but I still can't seem to input any sound. I plugged several microphones into my I/O, case, and USB-to-sound mic jacks, but there was no luck there, either. 

6 hours ago, RFK said:

I have very similar specs to you, I also have issues with my mic. Maybe something to do with the motherboard?

A lot of people with audio issues on this board lately seem to have Asus boards.

It's probably not the motherboard if it doesn't work with a USB soundcard, since the USB soundcard is basically bypassing the MB audio. Have you checked this:

1. Press the Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings;"
  2. Select "Allow access to the microphone on this device;"
  3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was just an issue with my specific headphone jack. I bought a real headset, and it works fine now. Thanks!