Removed Ubuntu dual boot and cant run Manjaro live usb

Go to solution Solved by Scrapy,
11 hours ago, elsandosgrande said:

Look, it's not trying to boot off of the USB drive from what you're saying, so you first have to find the device selector/boot order manager for your motherboard and choose the USB stick. The fact that your current GRUB is a zombie does not have anything to do with booting into a LiveUSB. If you do not know how to select from which media to boot, then sharing what hardware you're using, especially your motherboard, might help, but I might not be able to help, as I am using a laptop, not a desktop.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice and help, i got it to work. For some reason every program i tried to make to bootable usb failed to do it properly only when i got the latest rufus version and imaged it in dd mode did it work. thanks again for the help!

Hi, i previously had installed ubuntu as a dual boot with windows 10 on my lenovo yoga 2 pro (i7, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd). But i eventually decided to get rid of it after some file issues and just not being happy/interested in the distro. So i booted into windows deleted the linux partitions and changed the boot sequence, but i think my genius (sarcasm) ass took the stupid way out as the Ubuntu option is still in the boot menu when i went to change the boot sequence and when i go to boot from a usb. Now when i try to boot manjaro from a bootable usb it says "error: unknown file system, entering rescue disk..., grub rescue>" which i also read up on and comes up like this as an issue when uninstalling an os when dual booting it with windows 10. NOW the question is does anyone know a way to fix the grub bootloader to allow it to boot a usb/ know a way to completely remove the grub loader option so it doesn't show up on the boot menu which is what i think i need to do so that it can boot live manjaro usb again. (i also already tried doing "ls, ls (hd0)/" to find the partition with linux but since the partitions are deleted it doesn't work and i have no clue where grub is sitting, also i tried resetting the mbr in cmd and that did not work as well)

Sorry for the long backstory but i figured it was needed to understand

tldr: to uninstall a dual boot with ubuntu i just deleted the partitions, now ubuntu is still an option on my boot menu and when i try to run a bootable linux usb it says unknown filesystem, please help

thanks

Look, it's not trying to boot off of the USB drive from what you're saying, so you first have to find the device selector/boot order manager for your motherboard and choose the USB stick. The fact that your current GRUB is a zombie does not have anything to do with booting into a LiveUSB. If you do not know how to select from which media to boot, then sharing what hardware you're using, especially your motherboard, might help, but I might not be able to help, as I am using a laptop, not a desktop.

Good luck!

10 hours ago, elsandosgrande said:

Good luck!

Im trying to run it off of a laptop and it does that when i try to run the liveusb, i select the usb as the boot device and then the grub thing happens, im running a lenovo yoga 2 pro with an i7 and 8gb of ram

11 hours ago, elsandosgrande said:

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice and help, i got it to work. For some reason every program i tried to make to bootable usb failed to do it properly only when i got the latest rufus version and imaged it in dd mode did it work. thanks again for the help!

6 hours ago, Scrapy said:

No problem, any time. By the way, you might want to try out Balena Etcher instead of using Rufus: https://www.balena.io/etcher/