OBS can't stream.

Go to solution Solved by epikgamerwmp,
On 4/10/2019 at 6:10 PM, Dioneyesos said:

Al right, cool. Could you share what you did and mark as solved so if someone else has the same issue they can quickly find the solution?

The issue was very specific to other software installed on my PC but I'll explain how I fixed it anyway.

It was trying to stream through a virtual network adaptor that ran to virtual bot so I changed it back to my Ethernet card that I normally use.

Every time I try to stream, this happens.

image.png.824c09174b2599a5dee0397cd7beeef6.png

This has only been happening since an update about 4 days ago.

Any ideas how to fix this?

What are these for?

2 minutes ago, epikgamerwmp said:

Every time I try to stream, this happens.

image.png.824c09174b2599a5dee0397cd7beeef6.png

This has only been happening since an update about 4 days ago.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Do as it says, change the ipv6 to ipv4 settings. This will most likely be in OBS under the settings tab where you choose to which platform to stream. If no such option is available check under the advanced options

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

7 minutes ago, Dioneyesos said:

If no such option is available check under the advanced options

Well the pop-up literally tells you to go into advanced settings so might as well start there.

2 minutes ago, Sychic said:

Well the pop-up literally tells you to go into advanced settings so might as well start there.

lol didn't see that. Yea start looking in advanced settings. Oops... 

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

2 hours ago, Dioneyesos said:

lol didn't see that. Yea start looking in advanced settings. Oops... 

I looked in advanced options but i could not see anything obvious that had been changed.

What are these for?

4 minutes ago, epikgamerwmp said:

I looked in advanced options but i could not see anything obvious that had been changed.

When I get home, I'll check in my OBS if I can find anything, I'll let you know when I do!

48 minutes ago, epikgamerwmp said:

Could you tell me to which platform you're trying to stream? 

1 hour ago, Dioneyesos said:

Could you tell me to which platform you're trying to stream? 

It's all good. I found the setti g that was incorrect and it now works.

What are these for?

1 hour ago, epikgamerwmp said:

It's all good. I found the setti g that was incorrect and it now works.

Al right, cool. Could you share what you did and mark as solved so if someone else has the same issue they can quickly find the solution?

On 4/10/2019 at 6:10 PM, Dioneyesos said:

The issue was very specific to other software installed on my PC but I'll explain how I fixed it anyway.

It was trying to stream through a virtual network adaptor that ran to virtual bot so I changed it back to my Ethernet card that I normally use.

What are these for?

On 4/12/2019 at 11:47 PM, epikgamerwmp said:

When I read this I was like okay let's see what it is.

**reads on**

On 4/12/2019 at 11:47 PM, epikgamerwmp said:

what the hell, that is indeed very specific ?