LAN Speed issue

Hi, I'm new to the forum so i'm not sure if I posted in the right place.

I have 2 threadripper pcs with an aorus x399 pro motherboard. The onboard lan is gigabit and I also have 2 pcie gigabit network cards from intel.

If i go to ethernet adapter, the link speed is shown as 1 Gbps and I also have two 1 Gbps connections from my internet provider.

The problem is that in speedtests and when transferring files through lan the speed is actually 100 mbps. The speed doesnt go above 10-12 MO/s. I tried with both, the onboard lan and the other network cards that I have. They all show 1 Gbps in adapter and in NIC settings in windows but the speeds are actually at 100.

If i go into bios in the network adapter NIC settings, there isn't an option for 1 Gbps full-duplex, only up to 100 Mbps full-duplex.

Can it be that it is a motherboard problem and it's limiting the speeds? There isn't any bios update and I don't know what else to do at this point. 

Cables are cat 6e, the switch is gigabit, the router gigabit, connection gigabit, I have tried with multiple equipments and I can't find the cause behind that setting in the mobo bios.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Check the actual connector, make sure those 8 pins are there, they're not shorting or one pin isn't laying over another. Make sure the pins inside the connector are flexing (use a toothpick or something similar to gently press on each pin in the connector)

Do the same on your switch/router etc

Check the cable, try with another cable.

1gbps is 125 MB/s maximum

If you see in the network card properties link status at 1 gbps, the card connects to a device on the other end at 1gbps, so you should get more than 100mbps.

Are you using some antivirus with internet filters or firewall, maybe those screw up with the transfer speeds...

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Check the actual connector, make sure those 8 pins are there, they're not shorting or one pin isn't laying over another. Make sure the pins inside the connector are flexing (use a toothpick or something similar to gently press on each pin in the connector)

Do the same on your switch/router etc

Check the cable, try with another cable.

1gbps is 125 MB/s maximum

If you see in the network card properties link status at 1 gbps, the card connects to a device on the other end at 1gbps, so you should get more than 100mbps.

Are you using some antivirus with internet filters or firewall, maybe those screw up with the transfer speeds...

Disabled any form of antivirus and firewall.

I'll check the pins and see if it works when I get to work but they should be fine, I checked with at least 6 cables new and old and it's the same. All the other pcs are fine and they transfer at about 120 MO/s only those new ones act like this.

I'll also try to contact aorus and see if it's actually bios related but I doubt that I'll have any luck with them

Yeah, all the pins are fine and still the same issue. I'm pretty sure now that it's the thing from bios that's causing the trouble. Aorus better have a good explanation for this