Network Problem.

MikuMiku!

Okay so long story short, recently a friend of mine just built his first computer and it was all great, until we had a Ethernet problem, internet would work but locked at 10Mbps but when he plugged it into his laptop it was fine. He made a post about it earlier and we did everything we got from that post. He bought a new network adapter and we hoped this would be the fix, sadly we tried the card and now where getting no connection. Ive been trying to help him out since but haven't gotten it to work.The last thing he wants to do is RMA his board so im trying everything before we have to.

If your wondering the board is a MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon. Ill take any help I can get.  

Heres the post my friend made: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1042032-newly-built-desktop-locking-ethernet-speeds-to-10mbps/

Why did you create this extra post if that thread has only been idle for 3 days now?  It's more fair to the user ahw6224 who was posting advice in that thread if you keep the thread going.  (I don't want to predict moderation here but if it's easier to just continue posting in that thread than perhaps it's best to post there and have this thread merged/locked).

My 2 cents on this new trying to use a network card:  either the drivers for it aren't installed (or working), or the network cable (or port it's connected to opposite the computer) are bad.  After checking the NIC has a valid driver and shows up in windows fine I would try a new length of cable first (a known good one), then try new port on router (or whatever the cable plugs into).