No Nvidia Control Panel??

AnthonyLUL

Reset my PC and installed all my new drivers but there's no Nvidia Control panel? Only my Geforce experience. (I can't take a screenshot of my little task bar thingy bc it doesnt let me) I tried DDU to fully reinstall drivers but no luck either.

bro.png

p,g.png

Are you sure you're connected to your discrete card and not your iGPU?

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Just now, 2SidedPolygon said:

Are you sure you're connected to your discrete card and not your iGPU?

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 with no iGPU. All I did was reset my pc.

Update GPU drivers? Or DDU and install again 

It happens from time to time.  Just download and reinstall the drivers

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I managed to find this solution online straight from Nvidia themselves....

Step 1: Open My Computer and follow the below-given folder path:

Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer

Note: If you cannot locate the NVIDIA folder in Program Files (x86) folder, look for it in Program Files folder.

Step 2: In the Display.NvContainer folder, you will find a file named Display.NvContainer. Right click on it and select the Copy option.

Copy Container Nvidia Control Panel Missing Windows 10

Step 3: Open Startup Folder. To do that, Press Windows + R keys together and open Run box. In the Run box, type shell:startup and press Enter button.

Shell Nvidia Control Panel Missing Windows 10

Step 4: In the Startup folder that opened, do a right-click and Paste the copied Display.NvContainer file.

Paste Container Nvidia Control Panel Missing Windows 10

Step 5: Right-click on the Display.NvContainer file you pasted in Startup folder, and select the Properties option.

Step 6: In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab. There, you will get a Run this program as administrator check mark option; select it. Then click Ok to apply the settings.

Admin Container Nvidia Control Panel Missing Windows 10

After completing these steps, restart your PC to find the missing NVIDIA Control Panel back on your desktop context menu and system tray.

Just now, Velcade said:

It happens from time to time.  Just download and reinstall the drivers

Oh also when I try installing the drivers (Without Geforce experience) it says it's not compatible with my windows version but im on the latest version on 64bit...

4 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

I managed to find this solution online straight from Nvidia themselves....

Step 1: Open My Computer and follow the below-given folder path:

Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer

Note: If you cannot locate the NVIDIA folder in Program Files (x86) folder, look for it in Program Files folder.

Step 2: In the Display.NvContainer folder, you will find a file named Display.NvContainer. Right click on it and select the Copy option.

Copy Container Nvidia Control Panel Missing Windows 10

Step 3: Open Startup Folder. To do that, Press Windows + R keys together and open Run box. In the Run box, type shell:startup and press Enter button.

Shell Nvidia Control Panel Missing Windows 10

Step 4: In the Startup folder that opened, do a right-click and Paste the copied Display.NvContainer file.

Paste Container Nvidia Control Panel Missing Windows 10

Step 5: Right-click on the Display.NvContainer file you pasted in Startup folder, and select the Properties option.

Step 6: In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab. There, you will get a Run this program as administrator check mark option; select it. Then click Ok to apply the settings.

Admin Container Nvidia Control Panel Missing Windows 10

After completing these steps, restart your PC to find the missing NVIDIA Control Panel back on your desktop context menu and system tray.

Didn't work :/ I even tried clicking the file and it won't open. Restarted my PC and nothing.

1 minute ago, AnthonyLUL said:

Didn't work :/ I even tried clicking the file and it won't open. Restarted my PC and nothing.

I'm really not sure, then. You could try resetting Windows again?

I just reinstalled everything ugh. But that may be my only option

12 hours ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

I'm really not sure, then. You could try resetting Windows again?

Still didn't fix. Guess I'll just hope it randomly comes back.

The whole guide on how to find Nvidia controll panel.

The problem: 

some people cant find their cp settings anywhere from their pc and some have trouble dowloading the latest drivers from Nvidia.
This tutorial will erase all older Nvidia drives that are installed on your computer that interfear with the new one. Then you dowloae the latest driver, and get a clean install. Then it should work and nvidia cp should be accessible through right click on home

first u have to dowload (dont apply/set up it yet)  your nvidia driver from nvidias site. Then you have to dowload DDU that removes all older nvidia drivers that are still messing up your computer. 

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Remember! dont apply dem yet, just keep them in a folder or startup (home site). 

choose the version of the country you live in. If you live outside the mentioned countries you can choosing any of them, it works aswell (I live outside the mentioned countries and i chose England)

Now enter windows safe mode by restarting your pc. 
In the lockscreen you should press on SHIFT and restart, this will transfer you to a blue option screen. Now press on (troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> more -> startup settings) 

Press restart and go to "4" safe mode  by pressing f4.
Be sure you dont have network connection

Now when you are in the safe windows mode run Guru3d DDU (the dowload file is hidden inside the file folder, so search for somethin i guess says "display driver uninstaller"

in the right cornes choose (GPU)
Then press where it says "unistall and restart". 

when you come back to normal windows you can now "activate" the new nvidia driver that was mentioned in the beginning.

(IMPORTANT)
When you are finishing the install, remeber to choose "advanced option" in the installation options. 

Put a cross in the box that says it will set all nvidia drivers to normal and remove all older drivers and profiles. 

Now finish the installation and Nvidia controll panell should be located in right click on home.