could do cheaper, but they are really nice

4 minutes ago, Tpcameron22 said:

not for that price... mx500

4 minutes ago, Tpcameron22 said:

noice one

you mind matx?

13 minutes ago, Tpcameron22 said:

-snip-

You're wayyy overpaying for this system. AT this price range you can build a full fledged system with an RTX 2070 and better storage for under 1.3k

You can pay less in certain areas like a cheaper case, a cheaper 16 gig kit of RAM, cheaper storage options and a cheaper PSU and have money leftover to get an RTX 2080 instead of a 2070

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

13 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:
18 minutes ago, Tpcameron22 said:

just don't... there are better ones

The Moboo is just fine!!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

The Moboo is just fine!!!

it is just fine... agree

but i'm just saying there are better ones, so that's why he imo shouldn't, but opinions may vary

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

but i'm just saying there are better ones, so that's why he imo shouldn't, but opinions may vary

There will always be better....

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

There will always be better....

of course there will be... 

I'm recommending this one on buildzoid's knowledge

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145086&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6153602&SID=jov5plcpa400qcm000053

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Nahhh, the Asus is wasy better lol.

Nahhh, the Asus is wasy better lol.

But anyone whos an enthusiast thinks Buildzoid is a god (AND HE IS). If you don't take his recommendations to heart, and you don't spend years of your life dedicated to study the circuitry of a motherboard or GPU, then its tough to recommend to someone else a MOBO

PC Set up 

CPU: I9-9900k

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro-Wifi

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gamin Z 

Cooling: Cooler Master ML360R AIO

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB 3000MHZ (8GB X 2) 

RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro Lighting Enhancement Kit (0GB X 2) 

Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB 

Build Log found here:

1 minute ago, Justinzonfire said:

But anyone whos an enthusiast thinks Buildzoid is a god (AND HE IS). If you don't take his recommendations to heart, and you don't spend years of your life dedicated to study the circuitry of a motherboard or GPU, then its tough to recommend to someone else a MOBO

objectively??

Nahhh

2 minutes ago, Justinzonfire said:

he kinda is a god...

objectively??

Nahhh

i mean... i agree with buildzoid here... but the choice is yours

4 minutes ago, Justinzonfire said:

Yep, I recommended the same board in the part picker link I posted lmaoao. I'd take an Aorus board any day over an ROG board. No offense but Asus board quality relative to their pricing has been on a MASSIVE decline. They used to be the mobo provider that everyone recommended because of how easy their BIOS was to navigate, everyone has caught up with BIOS nowadays and for some reason, ROG boards seem to be less of a deal than ever. If I ever see an ROG board that looks nice, I know there's a board that beats it in almost every way for the same price.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

6 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Yep, I recommended the same board in the part picker link I posted lmaoao. I'd take an Aorus board any day over an ROG board. No offense but Asus board quality relative to their pricing has been on a MASSIVE decline. They used to be the mobo provider that everyone recommended because of how easy their BIOS was to navigate, everyone has caught up with BIOS nowadays and for some reason, ROG boards seem to be less of a deal than ever. If I ever see an ROG board that looks nice, I know there's a board that beats it in almost every way for the same price.

I agree on the decline. I LOVED ASUS. Now the VRMS are very underwhelming and I want performance out of my CPU i cant get with ASUS :( 

PC Set up 

Build Log found here:

6 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

ROG goes downhill this gen... only the top tiers are worth looking at honnestly, and not even all of them. it's a good thing the competition has taken up

Just now, Justinzonfire said:

I agree on the decline. I LOVED ASUS. Now the VRMS are very underwhelming and I want performance out of my CPU i cant get with ASUS :( 

they just use a older vrm design, a fat 4 phase on a crosshair with gigabyte doing 12... it's just a shame

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

ROG goes downhill this gen... only the top tiers are worth looking at honnestly, and not even all of them. it's a good thing the competition has taken up

they just use a older vrm design, a fat 4 phase on a crosshair with gigabyte doing 12... it's just a shame

Right! WHY GET RID OF THE DOUBLER? they could have had an 8Phase keeping in the doubler. Gigabyte just made sense to me and their bios isn't the worst in the world... at least it's not ASRock

PC Set up 

Build Log found here:

Right! WHY GET RID OF THE DOUBLER? they could have had an 8Phase keeping in the doubler. Gigabyte just made sense to me and their bios isn't the worst in the world... at least it's not ASRock

asrock's isn't that bad anymore... and with boards like the taichi on x470, pro4 on b450 and the extreme4 on z390 they are still leagues ahead of asus

even when they used to be part of asus...

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

asrock's isn't that bad anymore... and with boards like the taichi on x470, pro4 on b450 and the extreme4 on z390 they are still leagues ahead of asus

even when they used to be part of asus...

I agree! their motherboard isn't bad, its the BIOS that's rough IMO

PC Set up 

Build Log found here:

I agree! their motherboard isn't bad, its the BIOS that's rough IMO

it's okay... nothing too bad

but i'm used to the msi bios, so i might not be the right person to argue...

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's okay... nothing too bad

but i'm used to the msi bios, so i might not be the right person to argue...

Fair enough. BIOS is all subjective really haha

PC Set up 

Build Log found here:

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

Yeah, Asrock used to be the "bang for the buck" brand, it still is but their boards are NO frills and straight performance. The Taichi/Taichi ultimate are fantastic boards. ROG top tiers aren't even worth it really anymore, cough MSI GODLIKE and MSI Gaming EDGE.

The Louvre

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

Yeah, Asrock used to be the "bang for the buck" brand, it still is but their boards are NO frills and straight performance. The Taichi/Taichi ultimate are fantastic boards. ROG top tiers aren't even worth it really anymore, cough MSI GODLIKE and MSI Gaming EDGE.

too bad the taichi on z390 isn't up with the aorus boards... but they generally are really good

fyi the godlike and aorus xtreme have the same vrms, but the xtreme is like 50 bucks cheaper

gaming edge is okay, but I kinda like the aorus linup on z390 personally, with small parts of the msi, asus and asrock linup

17 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

too bad the taichi on z390 isn't up with the aorus boards... but they generally are really good

fyi the godlike and aorus xtreme have the same vrms, but the xtreme is like 50 bucks cheaper

gaming edge is okay, but I kinda like the aorus linup on z390 personally, with small parts of the msi, asus and asrock linup

Didn't know that actually. Hmmm, well I heard the GODLIKE is a "limited run" so I guess you get bragging rights if you buy it lmaoao.

The Louvre

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

Didn't know that actually. Hmmm, well I heard the GODLIKE is a "limited run" so I guess you get bragging rights if you buy it lmaoao.

i mean... it has freakin oled on it... it's overkill in general

buildzoid is your friend