Cannot turn the pc off

Stivelis

So, I recently (a month ago) built my own pc, it worked well, but now i cannot turn it off, it works perfectly when is on, but when i press "shut down", windows says that it's turning off, then i got a black screen, monitor says that it has lost it's signal(like always when i turn my pc off), but my pc keeps running, i mean - fans are spinning, all the lights are on, but it doesn't turn off until i press the button on the case for 5sec. What can i do? No new updates have been installed, i checked, no windows updates are available, i scanned sfc/scannow, nothing was found, i turned pc off with the button, turned the psu button off(coolermaster masterwatt 650w), unpluged the power cabble for 15sec and tried to do it again, didn't work. Can anyone please help me?

Try resetting the motherboard by pulling out he CMOS battery for a minute or two.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Try resetting the motherboard by pulling out he CMOS battery for a minute or two.

I think this actually doesn't have one, at least, i cant see it. ?

11 minutes ago, Stivelis said:

I think this actually doesn't have one, at least, i cant see it. ?

I guarantee you it does, it looks like this:

image.png.8bcdfd64b1842518b511cb1230a02d67.png

What motherboard do you have? Maybe I can spot it for you on a picture

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I guarantee you it does, it looks like this:

image.png.8bcdfd64b1842518b511cb1230a02d67.png

What motherboard do you have? Maybe I can spot it for you on a picture

Asus prime b360m-k

15504175367503222350358978989610.jpg

34 minutes ago, Stivelis said:

Asus prime b360m-k 

image.png.26e5bdba0dc6ca4f08035e5f6ca4e0d7.png

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes, i removed it for about 5min, put everything back together. Pressed the button, after 2sec it turned off and on again, opened up that there's a crash, opened up bios, i closed it and it just freezed at "asus" loading screen. I did put the battery back like it was, i know it. What can i do now??? I cant even turn it back on!

14 minutes ago, Stivelis said:

Yes, i removed it for about 5min, put everything back together. Pressed the button, after 2sec it turned off and on again, opened up that there's a crash, opened up bios, i closed it and it just freezed at "asus" loading screen. I did put the battery back like it was, i know it. What can i do now??? I cant even turn it back on!

Are you sure the battery isn't upside down? If it's placed correctly it may be dead, which might explain your previous issues. If it's dead you can buy a new one, they're pretty cheap.

Since you can get into the BIOS, check that there aren't any weird RAM settings and that the boot drive is the correct one.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Are you sure the battery isn't upside down? If it's placed correctly it may be dead, which might explain your previous issues. If it's dead you can buy a new one, they're pretty cheap.

Since you can get into the BIOS, check that there aren't any weird RAM settings and that the boot drive is the correct one.

It has small bumps under the battery, i'm sure i didn't put it upside down. It clicked back in nicely. Boot drive is my hdd, like it was before(i don't have ssd) and ram showd that it has 8192mb, like it was before. 

E:Can i just put a battery that i can buy at the shop(3v, the same size and number) or do i need a specific one?

9 minutes ago, Stivelis said:

It has small bumps under the battery, i'm sure i didn't put it upside down. It clicked back in nicely. Boot drive is my hdd, like it was before(i don't have ssd) and ram showd that it has 8192mb, like it was before. 

Try disabling secure boot (or enabling it if it's disabled)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

21 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Try disabling secure boot (or enabling it if it's disabled)

I changed the battery(the old one is ok, multimeter shows 3.14A), still the same problem. Disabled, same problem, enabled it back

8 minutes ago, Stivelis said:

I changed the battery(the old one is ok, multimeter shows 3.14A), still the same problem. Disabled, same problem, enabled it back

Can you reach the boot menu? It's weird you'd have these problems after a CMOS reset, the only thing I can think of is that the Windows bootloader no longer recognizes the motherboard after the reset and for some reason refuses to start. Try starting your pc with the integrated gpu.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Can you reach the boot menu? It's weird you'd have these problems after a CMOS reset, the only thing I can think of is that the Windows bootloader no longer recognizes the motherboard after the reset and for some reason refuses to start. Try starting your pc with the integrated gpu.

Had the same problem with connecting monitor to the motherboard slot. So, i experimented a little bit with bios boot up settings and got to the windows troubleshoot center, checked for errors in startup, now it shows me this

15504243548561740503693580148040.jpg

30 minutes ago, Stivelis said:

Had the same problem with connecting monitor to the motherboard slot. So, i experimented a little bit with bios boot up settings and got to the windows troubleshoot center, checked for errors in startup, now it shows me this

Looks like some of your drive was corrupted. Probably what caused your other problems too. If repairs fail, I suggest you use another pc or a linux live environment to get your important data off your hdd and reinstall windows. You may be able to repair it with the installation medium, but you should make a backup either way.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

Looks like some of your drive was corrupted. Probably what caused your other problems too. If repairs fail, I suggest you use another pc or a linux live environment to get your important data off your hdd and reinstall windows. You may be able to repair it with the installation medium, but you should make a backup either way.

So, i reinstalled the windows, it turned on, but still, i cannot turn it off. Keyboard's rgb turns off, you can hear that pc gets quiter, but all pc's fans keep spinning. More suggestions?

Do you have another power supply or computer there? I wonder if the PSU or board are faulty and not processing the shut down signal correctly or something is shorted internally.

7 minutes ago, Stivelis said:

So, i reinstalled the windows, it turned on, but still, i cannot turn it off. Keyboard's rgb turns off, you can hear that pc gets quiter, but all pc's fans keep spinning. More suggestions?

at this point you should try other components like the power supply and ram

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Do you have another power supply or computer there? I wonder if the PSU or board are faulty and not processing the shut down signal correctly or something is shorted internally.

No, i used laptop before, this is my first desktop in, like, 15 years. Some things are turning off when i shut down the pc, it's not like it doesn't react at all, either fans are spinning slower or something else, but it gets quieter. 

Can you see what things are staying active looking inside the case, maybe with a flashlight? I used to have a PSU which would hold it's fan active until the unit had cooled below a threshold, even when the system powered off.

13 hours ago, Bitter said:

Can you see what things are staying active looking inside the case, maybe with a flashlight? I used to have a PSU which would hold it's fan active until the unit had cooled below a threshold, even when the system powered off.

All the fans are spinning, but slower.  I searched up in the internet and it's a common problem with asus motherboards, but basically everywhere people ask for help, but noone seems to actually find the solution.

You might need to try to RMA the motherboard, are you using the most current BIOS version?

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

You might need to try to RMA the motherboard, are you using the most current BIOS version?

Yes, 1404 version for my asus prime b360m-k, the board is new, everything's new, not even a month old. 

Is it very bad if i turn it off in windows and then just turn off it completely with the button on the case?

One more thing, I've noticed that when i restart the pc, it shuts down completely and only after 5sec turns back on. When i first built it, it just restarted, the pc didn't shut down completely.

Windows 10, current on updates? Tried other power schemes? Boot up a live Ubuntu or other Linux and see if it behaves the same?