SSD Doesn't work in older PC

Coriander

So I purchased a Dell OptiPlex 790, with an i5 2400 & 4gigs of ram. My plan was to upgrade it and give it to a friend. A week before the purchase, I ordered a Crucial BX500 120gb ssd, installed windows etc, worked just fine in their laptop and in my desktop, however, it won't work in this Dell. I can't figure out why, as the only thing it says is that the boot failed or it can't find a boot device. I was able to get it to boot from an old hdd, but it was slow as hell, so I don't want to give that to them. Any way to fix this? Bios revision is A17 I think.

2 minutes ago, Coriander said:

way to fix this?

Did you install windows on the SSD on your system?

If so, there's the problem

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

25 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Did you install windows on the SSD on your system?

If so, there's the problem

I installed it on my system. Why is that an issue?

8 hours ago, Coriander said:

Because windows is dumb and doesn't handle changed hardware very well. That's the short answer.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Try Formatting the other drive?

Not sure if that'll help but it could

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHZ (Overclocked to 4.00GHz) Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid 120L Rgb Motherboard: Asrock B450 Pro4 RAM: 2x8gb HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz (Dual Channel Overclocked) GPU: Sapphire RX580 Pulse 4gb Storage: Liteonit Lat-256m2s 240gb (Main Drive) - Kingston Sa400s37120G 120gb (Steam Drive)  PSU: Thermaltake Smart Series RGB 500w 80+ Case: Fractal Design Focus G Monitor: PHL 274E5 Mouse: Corsair M65 Elite rgb FPS Keyboard: Logitech G413 Carbon Mousepad: Cheap One??? Headset:  Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

You must install Windows on the legacy system if it has MBR boot partition. You have probably installed it on a system with GPT (UEFI era hardware) and tried to move it to the legacy system. That doesn't work.

No signature found

22 hours ago, Coriander said:

Install windows on the system it’s supposed to be on do not be transferring and all that because his hardware issues

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

I formatted and tried reinstalling on that pc, and it still wouldn't let me install windows.  However, I found out the issue right after I made this post. It's basically as RobbinM said. A GPT format doesn't work with older systems, so I had to use DiskPart to change it to MBR. Worked just fine after that. Thanks for the help though!