hi , I'm new here and I want to get to upgrade to better headphones , currently I'm undecided between the hifiman he4xx , sennheiser hd6xx and the beyerdynamic dt990 pro , I'm currently not planning on purchasing an amp , I'm a heavy user , mainly watching very HQ media on my phone and laptop for long periods of time , I currently have closed back headphones , I have never listened to open back ones , I care mainly about the sound , and the like 10% about comfort , but I'll prefer headphones that sound the best rather than the most comfortable. thanks in advance.(btw , I'm from Israel).

I'm a big fan of planar magnetics like the HiFiMAN headphones, but many people I know prefer dynamic driver headphones like the Sennheiser HD6XX's you mentioned. In the end headphone preference is entirely subjective. If you have the option to test any of those headphones or similar models that would be able to help your decision more than some guy on the internet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

24 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

I'm a big fan of planar magnetics like the HiFiMAN headphones, but many people I know prefer dynamic driver headphones like the Sennheiser HD6XX's you mentioned. In the end headphone preference is entirely subjective. If you have the option to test any of those headphones or similar models that would be able to help your decision more than some guy on the internet.

sadly I can only try the 990's , but a lot of people say that the 4xx and 6xx are much better , and they are only from massdrop and there aren't people near my area that have those headphones or similar ones , so asking advice from people on the internet is the only option.