Can not get forza horizons 4 to install at all

8-Bit Ninja

So 4 days ago forza wouldn't allow me to get past the main menu, i couldn't fix it so i uninstalled it with the plan being to reinstall it, however i am unable to reinstall forza, every time i try it gives me this error "0x80072F8F", I've tried absolute everything at this point including completely wiping and reinstalling windows on my pc with no success, any ideas?????

thanks 

20 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

So 4 days ago forza wouldn't allow me to get past the main menu, i couldn't fix it so i uninstalled it with the plan being to reinstall it, however i am unable to reinstall forza, every time i try it gives me this error "0x80072F8F", I've tried absolute everything at this point including completely wiping and reinstalling windows on my pc with no success, any ideas?????

thanks 

The 0x80072f8f error code typically occurs because of a time issue. # The date / time on your computer is too different from the date / time of the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates used by the Windows Update site..

10 hours ago, TrigrH said:

tried resetting windows, setting the time and date automatically and manually but still nothing 

Im having this same issue on my new desktop & have also reinstalled the OS.

If I use my cloud PC it downloads apps or windows updates with no issue but on my fresh build of windows I cant download anything from the store or use windows updates :(

EDIT: If i use my shadow cloud (tested above) I can download apps/games using this MSFT account however if I use my surface pro I have the same issues again, on the same local network or hotspotting from my phone. So it cant be a device issue as its effecting more than one & its not the network as i've tested an open hotspot. One thing to note is that the shadow is hosted in another country, perhaps its a local MSFT server that's currently having issues?

Hi All, 

Sorry to spam but FYI it's looking like a global issue:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1081092/Windows-10-users-report-DNS-problem-with-Microsoft-software/amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Cheers

Danny