Jump to content
Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jackery

Buzzing RTX 2060 noise

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a buzzing gpu and/or if they know how to fix it. I got a rtx 2060 yesterday and installed it into my pc and I noticed a low buzzing noise like a tattoo parlor noise. However the gpu only makes the noise when it has a heavy load or when I open a game to play. The noise is not loud but it is noticeable if you listen closely. I already checked the fans to see if they were they problem but they were not. Also I switched from a 1050 ti so I was not sure if the noise was a common thing for more powerful gpus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Coil whine, baby. No you can't fix it

I've never experienced it before so it that a bad thing

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jackery said:

I've never experienced it before so it that a bad thing

Not a bad thing, just annoying 

Majority of cards have it 


Hi how are ya

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jackery said:

I've never experienced it before so it that a bad thing

If im not wrong( @Slottr Correct me if I am) its just the whine from coils dissipating heat and it really isnt that bad rather than annoying

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Not a bad thing, just annoying 

Majority of cards have it 

Should I RMA the card?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nolanl83 said:

If im not wrong( @Slottr Correct me if I am) its just the whine from coils dissipating heat and it really isnt that bad rather than annoying

Thats the usual cause, sometimes theres others but yeah its usually the power passing through the coil

 

4 minutes ago, Jackery said:

Should I RMA the card?

If it REALLY bothers you and is just annoying as all hell then yeah. If you can live with it then I wouldnt. My card currently has coil whine, I've had previous cards with it as well and they all worked fine, just sounded like a screaming toddler


Hi how are ya

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Slottr said:

Thats the usual cause, sometimes theres others but yeah its usually the power passing through the coil

 

If it REALLY bothers you and is just annoying as all hell then yeah. If you can live with it then I wouldnt. My card currently has coil whine, I've had previous cards with it as well and they all worked fine, just sounded like a screaming toddler

Ok, if I was to RMA it would you happen to know if Nvidia would send me a refurbish unit or a new one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jackery said:

Ok, if I was to RMA it would you happen to know if Nvidia would send me a refurbish unit or a new one?

Couldnt tell you. Never had one go straight to Nvidia.

 

The way you described it though, dont worry about it. Sometimes coil whine is super loud where its unpalatable, this just sounds like a quiet buzz than anything. Which isnt bad


Hi how are ya

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Couldnt tell you. Never had one go straight to Nvidia.

 

The way you described it though, dont worry about it. Sometimes coil whine is super loud where its unpalatable, this just sounds like a quiet buzz than anything. Which isnt bad 

You're right especially since I play with headphones on. I just never experienced it before so I did not know what to do. Thanks for the help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×