Buzzing RTX 2060 noise

Jackery

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a buzzing gpu and/or if they know how to fix it. I got a rtx 2060 yesterday and installed it into my pc and I noticed a low buzzing noise like a tattoo parlor noise. However the gpu only makes the noise when it has a heavy load or when I open a game to play. The noise is not loud but it is noticeable if you listen closely. I already checked the fans to see if they were they problem but they were not. Also I switched from a 1050 ti so I was not sure if the noise was a common thing for more powerful gpus.

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Coil whine, baby. No you can't fix it

I've never experienced it before so it that a bad thing

Just now, Jackery said:

Not a bad thing, just annoying 

Majority of cards have it 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Jackery said:

If im not wrong( @Slottr Correct me if I am) its just the whine from coils dissipating heat and it really isnt that bad rather than annoying

Alright, thanks

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Should I RMA the card?

7 minutes ago, Nolanl83 said:

If im not wrong( @Slottr Correct me if I am) its just the whine from coils dissipating heat and it really isnt that bad rather than annoying

Thats the usual cause, sometimes theres others but yeah its usually the power passing through the coil

4 minutes ago, Jackery said:

Should I RMA the card?

If it REALLY bothers you and is just annoying as all hell then yeah. If you can live with it then I wouldnt. My card currently has coil whine, I've had previous cards with it as well and they all worked fine, just sounded like a screaming toddler

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Thats the usual cause, sometimes theres others but yeah its usually the power passing through the coil

If it REALLY bothers you and is just annoying as all hell then yeah. If you can live with it then I wouldnt. My card currently has coil whine, I've had previous cards with it as well and they all worked fine, just sounded like a screaming toddler

Ok, if I was to RMA it would you happen to know if Nvidia would send me a refurbish unit or a new one?

4 minutes ago, Jackery said:

Ok, if I was to RMA it would you happen to know if Nvidia would send me a refurbish unit or a new one?

Couldnt tell you. Never had one go straight to Nvidia.

The way you described it though, dont worry about it. Sometimes coil whine is super loud where its unpalatable, this just sounds like a quiet buzz than anything. Which isnt bad

Couldnt tell you. Never had one go straight to Nvidia.

The way you described it though, dont worry about it. Sometimes coil whine is super loud where its unpalatable, this just sounds like a quiet buzz than anything. Which isnt bad 

You're right especially since I play with headphones on. I just never experienced it before so I did not know what to do. Thanks for the help