Parts to Salvage?

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but here we go anyway...

I was just given an old computer, a Dell Dimension 3000, and am wondering if there is anything about that is worth salvaging. I’m going to be building two gaming computers soon, for my spouse and myself, and one of them will be used sometimes for streaming. We going to be spending $800-900 on each of them but that is a post for another day. Anyway, is the Dell worth anything more than recycling? I know lots of streamers use a dual pc setup, but I don’t think this Dell would be worth it for that. If I added a few cheap parts could it be used for the secondary streaming pc? If I put some other hard drives in it, could it be a workable NAS replacement? Is there anything that I can do with it that would be worth it?

Right now I don’t have a monitor to hook it up to to see how it runs but I was told it boots and runs properly (Windows XP, I think). 

When I opened it up, I saw that it has an Intel Pentium 4, 2 Gigs of ram, a smallish hard drive, and 250W power supply.

I’m prepared for this to just be basically e-waste, but I would love if there is something cool I can do with it.

The Dimension 3000 goes back to 2004-ish. There's really absolutely nothing inside of it that's any kind of useful in a modern environment. It doesn't even have a AGP slot that could be used to make a retro ghetto gamer. That said, if it fires up and the DDR RAM works, that could be worth a few bucks on eBay if it's 512MB sticks or higher. Other than that, pretty much e-waste at this point. Unfortunate, because in terms of simple, stupid daily tasks on Windows 7, those are still a wee little bit competent.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

a second system for streaming just means that one is good for gaming and the other works well with h.264 which your desktop is worse than any min spec system using modern parts if you're into that then maybe the CPU you could display and the HDD might be a fun thing to have around but nothing is truly useful sorry but computing has evolved far to much for anything in there to be truly worth anything

i actually still have a 2003 pentium 4 machine laying around. it's fun from time to

time

I just looked at what these computers sell for on eBay, and I really have to wonder who is spending more than $100 for a nearly 15 year-old computer...