Do i need bigger than that?

charbel1011

I have been running this psu https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YEIBJ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for 3 years now. and im running gtx 1080 ti. with 2 ssds one nvme and one sata samsung 860 evo. and im running my gpu with ultra wide monitor. I have a lot of usbs attached. my question is. I have seen people saying when they are playing games they reach 700+watt from their system. So im wondering is my system getting full power or do i need to upgrade to a bigger psu?

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

So im wondering is my system getting full power or do i need to upgrade to a bigger psu?

What CPU are you using?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, ShadySocks said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8image.png.a6ada0a2ba317aedb2b6b49782cf9f11.png

So im good with my current one ? how people are saying they are getting 800+ watt while gaming though?

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

So im good with my current one ? how people are saying they are getting 800+ watt while gaming though?

You are good as long as you are not overclocking.

I don't have room for overclocking?

8 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

What CPU?

The people reaching over 700 watts are probably overclocking

exept that it's bullshit...

you're fine. you can overclock if you want to

Just now, charbel1011 said:

I don't have room for overclocking?

you do... those calculators are horribly inaccurate

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

you do... those calculators are horribly inaccurate

But why some people are saying like they pull 800 watt+ while gaming. That's crazy. 

But why some people are saying like they pull 800 watt+ while gaming. That's crazy. 

only a 9900k with a 2080 ti sli on a good oc can pull that...

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

only a 9900k with a 2080 ti sli on a good oc can pull that...

So i don't need to change it? im good?

So i don't need to change it? im good?

you're more than good. and a psu of that quality has protection against overvolting, so if you would ever hit more, it would just shut off

You're worried about nothing

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you're more than good. and a psu of that quality has protection against overvolting, so if you would ever hit more, it would just shut off

You're worried about nothing

I wanna get a ups for my system for protection against storms etc... But like the voltage thing is getting me confused. Should i get a psu 900+ voltage? or 600 voltage one is fine?

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

I wanna get a ups for my system for protection against storms etc... But like the voltage thing is getting me confused. Should i get a psu 900+ voltage? or 600 voltage one is fine?

from the wall and from the psu are two different wattages, but as the system would pull about 400 watts from the psu at max with a good oc, so 600 should be enough

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

from the wall and from the psu are two different wattages, but as the system would pull about 400 watts from the psu at max with a good oc, so 600 should be enough

Oh maybe those people were talking about the wall voltage while playing games? So the wall voltage has more than psu ?

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

Oh maybe those people were talking about the wall voltage while playing games? So the wall voltage has more than psu ?

the wall wattage is higher, but not by double. that would mean you have a psu effecienty of literally 50 percent

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the wall wattage is higher, but not by double. that would mean you have a psu effecienty of literally 50 percent

I mean good to know i don't need a big psu. i was really worried im not giving my system full power.

I mean good to know i don't need a big psu. i was really worried im not giving my system full power.

once again, if it was to, at this quality it would just shut itself down

still-bigger-than-mine_o_1512857.jpg

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450