2-in-1 Laptop for take-offs & blueprints

I normally don't like to make posts like these without taking a thorough scan of the boards and making sure this wasn't already addressed somewhere else, but my needs seemed a little unique so I thought I thought "what the hell, the worst they can do is link me to where it's been addressed already". 

I am looking for a 2-in-1 laptop primarily for take-offs on blueprints. I'm open to just using a tablet, but I feel the onboard keyboard and more throughput with a larger SSD & I/O ports to be handy. I'd like to buy a high-end machine, so let's not worry about the price too much. I live in the US and work in remodels and renovations.

XPS 13 2-in-1 (new 2019 ed.): A great all rounder, Macbook alternative, (get the 4k screen for productivity)

XPS 15 2-in-1: Heavier, but with more GPU & CPU power, (imo to bulky for tablet mode)

or:

Surface Pro: Bascially a tablet with a keyboard, less powerfull then the XPS 13, but more portable.

7 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

XPS 13 2-in-1 (new 2019 ed.): A great all rounder, Macbook alternative, (get the 4k screen for productivity)

XPS 15 2-in-1: Heavier, but with more GPU & CPU power, (imo to bulky for tablet mode)

or:

Surface Pro: Bascially a tablet with a keyboard, less powerfull then the XPS 13, but more portable.

Very nice, I will look into those. I use a Dell laptop at the office and it's served us well. How are the Lenovo options? The Y50 was one of my favorite laptops of all time, but from what I was reading, the build quality of their 2-in-1's wasn't up to snuff. 

The Dell and Surface pro look pretty solid. Thank you for the tip!

Just now, NJRolison said:

Very nice, I will look into those. I use a Dell laptop at the office and it's served us well. How are the Lenovo options? The Y50 was one of my favorite laptops of all time, but from what I was reading, the build quality of their 2-in-1's wasn't up to snuff. 

np,

Have not had any experience, with lenovo, sorry, but have a XPS 13, and its great.

Make sure to go into a store and try out the laptops, make sure that you like the keyboard, screen and weight.

4 hours ago, NJRolison said:

snip

Max budget? Any preference on weight, battery life and display size?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

19 hours ago, NJRolison said:

Thinkpad x230t, can be had on eBay for 150 mint. Holds 2 SSDs and is touchscreen convertible. My daily driver.  You could also get a X1 Yoga.