Help, gpu bottleneck fiasco

Gregoriou

Greetings,I contain an i3 6100 and a 1050 2 gb currently. I plan to upgrade my gpu to a 1070 and after I get financially stable buy a higher end CPU. My pc also has 8 gigs of rams, I was wondering how much will the i3 bottleneck the gtx 1070 for that time period, also will I need to upgrade my ram?

Any answers are welcome

Greetings to you my fellow human,

In all seriousness the 1070 is obviously a high end card, so Id suggest either upgrading your CPU to go along with it to possibly a 2nd gen ryzen or maybe even go for an i5 6th gen so you arent spending to much, the issue is those 2 cores will hold you back for a while. the Ram doesnt really need to be upgraded. I personally have an i7 5820k and a GTX 1060 with 16gbs of ram and im fine, I had alot of issues with ram usage in the past, I felt like I needed more till I realized that the reason I had such high ram utilization was because I was in single rather than dual channel. SO my suggestion would be to upgrade to a 1070 youd need to upgrade your CPU soon to not get annoyed by the bottle neck. Im assuming your buying the 1070 because you know about the shortages? Upgrade CPU/GPU ( if you sell both of the ones you have rn you could probs buy a used I5 or I7 6th gen) and be fine.

14 minutes ago, Nolanl83 said:

Greetings to you my fellow human,

In all seriousness the 1070 is obviously a high end card, so Id suggest either upgrading your CPU to go along with it to possibly a 2nd gen ryzen or maybe even go for an i5 6th gen so you arent spending to much, the issue is those 2 cores will hold you back for a while. the Ram doesnt really need to be upgraded. I personally have an i7 5820k and a GTX 1060 with 16gbs of ram and im fine, I had alot of issues with ram usage in the past, I felt like I needed more till I realized that the reason I had such high ram utilization was because I was in single rather than dual channel. SO my suggestion would be to upgrade to a 1070 youd need to upgrade your CPU soon to not get annoyed by the bottle neck. Im assuming your buying the 1070 because you know about the shortages? Upgrade CPU/GPU ( if you sell both of the ones you have rn you could probs buy a used I5 or I7 6th gen) and be fine.

I understand the bottlenecking fiasco that will occur,the 1070 shall be purchased in march and the most probable i5 6th gen around October November. So yes there will be some months that shall surely experience bottlenecking but of what extend? Will the i3 push back with immense fury for the result not to be at least 60 FPS 1080p in high with a bloody 1070?

2 hours ago, Gregoriou said:

I understand the bottlenecking fiasco that will occur,the 1070 shall be purchased in march and the most probable i5 6th gen around October November. So yes there will be some months that shall surely experience bottlenecking but of what extend? Will the i3 push back with immense fury for the result not to be at least 60 FPS 1080p in high with a bloody 1070?

Depending on the game it might, I mean ive Only had quad core desktops so im not too intune with dual cores other than laptops but depending on the game you should hit atleast 60fps on medium aslong as its not too CPU heavy-

10 hours ago, Nolanl83 said:

Depending on the game it might, I mean ive Only had quad core desktops so im not too intune with dual cores other than laptops but depending on the game you should hit atleast 60fps on medium aslong as its not too CPU heavy

Not city builders or anything of that caliber, I play games like dark souls,witcher, divinity and such. I'd suppose I can hit 60 FPS in sekiro(upcoming game) . I thought CPU meant for the max FPS you can acquire, putting it on ultra would only affect my gpu, no?