CPU idiling at 70C HELP!!

Hi, I have a problem with my system it's an

CPU: AMD A-10 7890K QUAD CORE 4.3GHZ

GPU: GTX 1050 2GB

MOBO: ASUS A68HM-PLUS

RAM: 16 GB CRUCIAL RAM

120GB KINGSTON SSD

2TB WD BLUE HDD

When I start my system, my CPU was already at like 50 degrees C in the BIOS and as soon as I load up GTA V, CSGO or even Fortnite, it shoots up to 83 degrees C and stays around the 80-83 C mark, when driving fast in GTA V my textures really struggle to load in and most of the time just don't load in at all. when in a game of GTAV my CPU is at 100% usage load pretty much all the time and my GPU is at  around 30-60% load at around 50 degrees C. When I search 'power' in windows then go to- advanced power settings > Change my power plan > Processor power management > Maximum processing state then change it to 80% instead of 100% my temps shoot down to about 60 degrees C when idle in windows or with something low demand like Microsoft edge and even in game the max temp it will hit is around 75 degrees C but in GTAV my avg FPS goes from like 45FPS with 100% processor power to 20FPS with 80% processing power. Please help!!!!!

Is it because my CPU is a bottleneck to my GPU? or something because in game mu CPU is always at 100% load at 80 degrees C + and my gpu is at like 30-60% load at like 60 degrees C. Even now just sitting with Microsoft edge open, one tab open and CAM on my second monitor, my CPU is jumping between 56-77% load constantly and sitting at 75 degrees C WITH NO SIDE PANEL ON!!!!!!

please help, if you think it might be thermal paste issues I have a spare syringe of arctic mx-4 but not sure if that will do the trick....  NOTE: my CPU HAS NEVER BEEN OVERCLOCKED AND NEVER BEEN NEAR AN OERCLOCKING SOFTWARE BEFORE.

Thanks.

Screenshot (16).png

yes the cpu is bottlenecking your gpu. Your cpu is working super hard and that amount of heat on a poorly cooled cpu at 100% load isn't out of the realm of possibility. What cpu cooler do you have and are you sure it's mounted correctly? 

but how do I stop my cpu from bottlenecking my gpu? my gpu isn't even that powerful ?

and why is it 77 degrees whilst idle?? I use a AMD wraith max cooler it looks like this image.thumb.png.e7f54c8ef114ce787d34f41a975b4d20.png

I was going to buy a gtx 970 later on this week but I guess that isn't going to help my in game performance is it? buying a more powerful gpu

Just now, PlayboiCarti said:

I was going to buy a gtx 970 later on this week but I guess that isn't going to help my in game performance is it? buying a more powerful gpu

Not even 1 fps. That poor A10 is just weak by todays standards. If it bottlenecks a 1050 it would REALLY bottleneck a 970.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

But 

39 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Not even 1 fps. That poor A10 is just weak by todays standards. If it bottlenecks a 1050 it would REALLY bottleneck a 970.

But I don't understand how it's poor its really fast like 4.3ghz is a lot and 4 cores isnt too bad... Can you please recommend me a better cpu that won't bottleneck a 970? With the same socket as my current CPU so I don't have to change the motherboard 

Just now, PlayboiCarti said:

But 

But I don't understand how it's poor its really fast like 4.3ghz is a lot and 4 cores isnt too bad... Can you please recommend me a better cpu that won't bottleneck a 970? With the same socket as my current CPU so I don't have to change the motherboard 

4.3ghz on that chip is equal to about 2ghz on my 4 year old i7. Your board is on a dead socket, you have the fastest chip. The only "cheap" option would be to get an 1155 board and a 2000-3000 series i5/i7 and be able to use your current memory and thats still $150+. Sorry bro.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

11 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

4.3ghz on that chip is equal to about 2ghz on my 4 year old i7. Your board is on a dead socket, you have the fastest chip. The only "cheap" option would be to get an 1155 board and a 2000-3000 series i5/i7 and be able to use your current memory and thats still $150+. Sorry bro.

FFS this is so upsetting I'm just going to have to go back to console now :( thanks anyway.

Anyway to fix the bad temps at least?

8 minutes ago, PlayboiCarti said:

FFS this is so upsetting I'm just going to have to go back to console now :( thanks anyway.

Anyway to fix the bad temps at least?

Uh possibly remount the cooler which would entail reapplying the thermal paste as well.

Okay thanks the computer was a pre built so I didn't mount the cooler but thanks you've been a massive help

19 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Uh possibly remount the cooler which would entail reapplying the thermal paste as well.

thanks I just did this and my CPU is idling at about 30 degrees C with the side panel on instead of 60 degress with it off, I used Arctic MX-4

19 hours ago, Vegetable said:

also If I bought a ryzen 3 or 5 and bought a motherboard for it can I use the same 16 GB kit of RAM I have, if not why??

33 minutes ago, PlayboiCarti said:

also If I bought a ryzen 3 or 5 and bought a motherboard for it can I use the same 16 GB kit of RAM I have, if not why??

No you cannot. Your current board only supports DDR3, which is the last generation standard at this point. DDR4 has been standard for Intel since 2015 and for AMD since ryzen came out (2017.) You would have to buy DDR4 to use with your Ryzen and board.

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

No you cannot. Your current board only supports DDR3, which is the last generation standard at this point. DDR4 has been standard for Intel since 2015 and for AMD since ryzen came out (2017.) You would have to buy DDR4 to use with your Ryzen and board.

Ok thanks also to would a Ryzen 3/5 be bottlenecked by a 970?

4 hours ago, PlayboiCarti said:

Ok thanks also to would a Ryzen 3/5 be bottlenecked by a 970?

Not at all. The earliest Ryzen 3's (1200/1300x) are equal to an i5 4460 or an i5 4690 respectively and they won't slow down a 970 at all. A Ryzen 5 would be even better and overall a much better option with the future in mind.