Two monitors or one?

YellowJersey

Ok, super weird question. I plan on buying a pro monitor for photo editing, but I also do a lot of work and web surfing on this computer. Does it make sense to buy one super awesome high end monitor for everything, or should I buy one cheapo monitor for my non-colour critical stuff and then one smaller one to use only for colour critical work? I have it in my head that I'd sort of "wear the monitor out" on my non-colour critical stuff if I go with one monitor set up  with all the non-colour critical use it'd get. Am I worrying over nothing?

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

just get a single one thats big so it can be used as two, like you have two windows open and they will both be maximum size 

I use 2 screen (1080p) and my laptop screen at work and I have to say I would m7ch rather have one wide monitor.

Might ask my CTO if I can get one :P

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I have a 1080p calibrated IPS monitor with a old 5:4 monitor on the side and it works great.  It really isn't something to worry about.

Around a year ago my company switched my 2 24" 1080p monitors with a single 34" Ultrawide. I was skeptical at first but now I just can't go back. It changes the way that you work (you don't really maximize applications anymore cause they are freaking huge if you do) but the quality of the display, the lack of having a giant border between screens is amazing. If you do any serious amount of work on this screen, get an ultrawide.