Compile c programs in Windows

henry1000

I am starting to program in C, and since I am used to program in Sublime Text 2.

I would like to know if you guys know a simple C compiler in Windows?

Cheers :)

Here is a list of Compilers; (non of which I have used) So maybe try a few of those. You might find one that you like :)

MSjqWk6.png

Here is a list of Compilers; (non of which I have used) So maybe try a few of those. You might find one that you like :)

MSjqWk6.png

You forgot the link :P

You forgot the link :P

To where I found this list?

There is a picture. Can you not see it?

To where I found this list?

There is a picture. Can you not see it?

Yes, btw those are for C++ not for C :)

Oops :o hold on.

This is why I shouldn't answer programming questions. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

While C++ is not C, most C code should run in a C++ program...in some respects C++ can teach you a bit better in that it enforces certain rules that C normally doesn't (like converting type int to float...float f = i; for c and float f = (float)i; for C++...while both work in C the C++ one is in theory more informative).

Anyways it can be good though for just plain C compilers though.  For this I would recommend gcc.  There is also another thread where people talked about it (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/98288-would-visual-studio-be-good-for-c-programming/)

You could also try VS express for C++ (Again most C code will be compilable in C++)

Finally you could also Eclipse (but it requires a compiler) or Netbeans (not sure if it comes with a compiler) if you don't like using Visual Studios

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

I would suggest looking at MinGW if you're used to a linux environment and working in Sublime Text (awesome choice of editor btw).

http://www.mingw.org/

I choosed Sublime Text, since I already use it to program in PHP, HTML and CSS. And I like the work environment.

People forget that C++ is a direct extension of C, also I only generally recommend the GCC compilers.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?