Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


This user doesn't have any awards


About BurstSMG

  • Title
    I like all the things you hate.
  • Birthday 2003-05-20

Contact Methods

  • Discord
  • Twitter

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Biography
    I'm 16.
  • Occupation


  • CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PRO-VDH
  • RAM
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  • Case
    Corsair Spec Alpha
  • Storage
    250GB Samsung 850 Evo + 240GB Adata SP550 + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 4TB WD Red
  • PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750w
  • Display(s)
    1x1080p Samsung + 1x1080p BenQ
  • Cooling
    H100i V2 + 2 Noctua Fans + 2 SP120s
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K65 RGB
  • Mouse
    Steelseries Sensei
  • Sound
    Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Recent Profile Visitors

3,895 profile views
  1. Hi, all. If i get 32gb of DDR4-2400 instead of 64gb of DDR4-3200 i can combine the 32 with my 16gb kit and it'll run single channel for the 8gb sticks and dual channel with the 16gb sticks for a total of 48gb of RAM. I'm on a Ryzen 5 1600 and a B350 mobo and need some extra memory for taxing programs like Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro to run/render while I'm multitasking at the same time, and currently 16gb is crashing either the browser or the Adobe programs, so I'm looking for an upgrade, and possibly one that might speed up my PC and allow me to not have to upgrade my RAM for another couple years as I head to college for graphic design. Obviously, money-wise, getting the 32gb flat out and getting 48gb of RAM would be splendid, but am I also better off selling my Vengeance 16gb kit after buying a 64gb kit? I know this seems overkill for what I'm doing (most likely is haha) however, I'm an enthusiast and have a GTX 1070 and an NVME drive as well. Another choice I have is to get a Ryzen 3600 + B450 mobo + 32gb of RAM and I'd most likely get a better performance increase but that would cost more than the other two options and is most likely my last resort. Anyways, I hope yall have a good day, and don't mind my questions as this is all speculation and I'm going to take a few weeks or so to price out everything as it is and even see if I need to upgrade or if it's something acting up with my current setup.
  2. 16gb is sufficient to be honest. If you can find an identical cheap 16gb set though, go ahead. I'd say the CPU is more important of an upgrade rn though.
  3. It's basically the same as tape storage. It'll never be super fast. Once we can get 6-8tb NVME drives then I'll be amazed.
  4. Your 1070 is overkill for a 4570 firstly. If you don't already, try getting an SSD with that price. If you want to stretch that $300 to something around $400-500 you could upgrade to a 7th gen Intel mobo/processor/RAM. I'd scrounge around on PCPartPicker and see what you can find under $300 for a mobo/processor/RAM package that is faster than that 4570 of yours. ---- Another thing you could do is find a used 4770 or 4790k and replace your i5 with that. It's still a solid CPU.
  5. Fractal has great airflow overall. I'd trust it.
  6. Hi, I'm BurstSMG, also known as Sarah now! I'm glad to be back, participating in the PC community such and such I had lost my interest in computers and now I'm really enjoying seeing how Ryzen is doing now, so I'm back in action. My new specs are way different now too, so that's cool! if anybody remembers me, say hi!
  7. Yeah 1700x is a little much for my tastes in terms of $$$ (Canada is an expensive place) However the Ryzen 5 is definitely what I'm going to try to get! Thanks for the tips. BTW I used to have an R9 380x, can confirm it was amazing.
  8. I was thinking of (once I got a couple paychecks) upgrading from an FX-8320 to a Ryzen 3 1300x or a Ryzen 5 1600 (Obviously motherboard and ram changes would also be required). Would that cool down my room a reasonable bit due to the lower TDP and also would it help me alleviate the bottleneck I have on my GTX 1070 SC? Also which Ryzen should I grab? I render videos and intend to stream games on Twitch again soon. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! P.S. Do not ask me why I have an FX and a GTX 1070 in one PC, my parents made that decision.
  9. That's scary stuff, man. RMA the mobo and PSU if you still are on warranty, firstly the PSU, and if the RMAing doesn't work take it in to a repair shop (if they seem incompetent or aren't listening to you, just leave) EDIT: As I probably should have said and Vengeance did too, also clear CMOS first by removing and inserting the CMOS battery.
  10. Not often, no, the main thing is to make sure I don't lose my government-mandated education work. hehe
  11. That's what I was thinking honestly. I'll make sure to have that written down. Thanks. I'll take a read of that, thanks.
  12. Hello, LinusTechTips forum, it's been a while since I've spoken on here, (like over a year?) but I need your help today. This is for the future, and it's a really important question. THE ISSUE I can't reinstall my OS because certain school programs are proprietary as hell and will lose their data on me, and there's no way to switch it over to a new PC. If I finally upgrade my FX-8320, DDR3 RAM and 970 Gaming motherboard to Ryzen, how the hell do I keep my OS? SPECS I have 16gb HyperX Fury 1866mhz RAM, a GTX 1070 SC, 750w 80+ Gold PSU, my aforementioned CPU and mobo, and a 4tb WD Red HDD and two 250-256gb SSDs as well as another (older) 2tb hard drive from Seagate. I run Windows 10 Pro (key bought off of Kinguin, I believe I can reuse it again if I upgrade and the system gets deactivated). QUESTION Is there any feasible way I can install drivers for the new parts and then upgrade it after once the time comes or am I stuck in a bottlenecked death trap? Thanks for reading. Sincerely, Burst
  13. I have a pair of HD 280 Pros that I love dearly, and I have to plug them into my PC (obviously), which is on the right side of my desk, displayed proudly for the world to see. Issue is that the headphone cable is strangling me because the wire coming out of the 'phones are on the left side, and it's a weird springy coil cable that likes to retract as much as possible (I can stretch it up to 8 feet, but it's basically 3 feet coiled up). Please save my neck, LTT forum. Picture is in spoiler.
  14. Have you tried using the Bluetooth connection yet?