Strange noise from Gigabyte 770 Windforce.

sew999

Is this reason to RMA? I am worried. Listen to that noise.

Is the card new? it sounds like a little bit of plastic or dust is inside the motor housing and is rubbing against the fanblade center. If the rma is free(shipping mainly) then sure why not, otherwise maybe just get a can of compressed air and give it a toot as far in as you can get.

The ticking noise seems like something in the fan hub. RMA it.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

But there are many peoples that have that fan noise on Gigabyte 770. Can i be sure when on next card i will be dont had that sounds?

But there are many peoples that have that fan noise on Gigabyte 770. Can i be sure when on next card i will be dont had that sounds?

No you cannot, unless you can test it at retail store if you are buying from one.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

I would RMA it. I couldn't stand hearing that... it's not normal.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

try bumping your fans up to 100% in afterburner or something. My windforce 760 fans make a slight rubbing sound sometimes and if I ramp the fans up for a few minutes it seems to work out whatever was rubbing.