Whea_Uncorrectable_Error 8.1

TheGosuStandard
Go to solution Solved by ionbasa,

Ran the test for 24 hours with no errors.

You should be fine. Just use your computer like normal without the automatic overclock. Post back if you do start seeing issues again. Also If your issue was solved, don't forget to mark the thread as "answered" to let other people know how they can fix it themselves.

Prime 95 will produce alot of heat, especially on newer CPUs as it uses the AVX extensions.

Keep an eye on the temp. As long as you don't go above 95C you are safe. The computer would shutdown if the maximum temp of the CPU is reached.

I tried to set the fan speed on extreme from silent (current setting) & temperature of cores didn't seem to move at all. Should I bother taking it apart or are temperatures being that high.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I tried to set the fan speed on extreme from silent (current setting) & temperature of cores didn't seem to move at all. Should I bother taking it apart or are temperatures being that high.

If I were you I would just leave the fans on "auto".

Since the temps didn't budge at all, maybe you forgot to plug something in on the kraken? Power or maybe you didn't hook it up to the CPU fan controller?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

If I were you I would just leave the fans on "auto".

Since the temps didn't budge at all, maybe you forgot to plug something in on the kraken? Power or maybe you didn't hook it up to the CPU fan controller?

Highly doubt it, have the plug in the cpu fan controller 2 in the fan hub I think 1 more as well, forgot where. 

They did budge, but nothing big perhaps like 1-3 degrees.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Highly doubt it, have the plug in the cpu fan controller 2 in the fan hub I think 1 more as well, forgot where. 

They did budge, but nothing big perhaps like 1-3 degrees.

Ok, as long as you set up everything properly there isn't a lot to worry about. The prime95 program will generate a lot of heat.

Have you gotten any errors yet in Prime95? 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Ok, as long as you set up everything properly there isn't a lot to worry about. The prime95 program will generate a lot of heat.

Have you gotten any errors yet in Prime95? 

I ran it for like 20 minutes, but got scared and turned it off. Will attempt first thing in the morning.

I ran it for like 20 minutes, but got scared and turned it off. Will attempt first thing in the morning.

Hmm, maybe try OCCT: http://www.ocbase.com/index.php/download

Try disabling AVX in OCCT and then benchmark. I know on the newer chips that AVX enabled workloads get actually quite hot because of the built in voltage regulator.

Hmm, maybe try OCCT: http://www.ocbase.com/index.php/download

Try disabling AVX in OCCT and then benchmark. I know on the newer chips that AVX enabled workloads get actually quite hot because of the built in voltage regulator.

Is it normal for my CPU speeds to be jumping in numbers below 3500mhz?

Is it normal for my CPU speeds to be jumping in numbers below 3500mhz?

While at idle? or on load? 

For both usually yes, as the cpu throttles.

While at idle? or on load? 

For both usually yes, as the cpu throttles.

Idle, do I go to CPU LinPack and turn off "AVX capable linpack" then test?

Idle, do I go to CPU LinPack and turn off "AVX capable linpack" then test?

Yes it is normal at idle.

Yes, it is the linpack test I was referring to.

Yes it is normal at idle.

Yes, it is the linpack test I was referring to.

Alright temps are hovering between 50-65 C at the moment using this program. at 3920.5 MHz.

Alright temps are hovering between 50-65 C at the moment using this program. at 3920.5 MHz.

Give it an hour.

Like I said earlier, AVX causes a ridiculous amount of heat because of the onboard voltage regulator. 

If everything is good then you should try Memtest later to rule out Memory issues.

Give it an hour.

Like I said earlier, AVX causes a ridiculous amount of heat because of the onboard voltage regulator. 

If everything is good then you should try Memtest later to rule out Memory issues.

I'll try in the morning as it's getting late. I appreciate all the help so far, I'll post results of the tests later tomorrow. 

I tested with OCCT for an hour, not sure if you need the graphs that they save at the end, but I'll post them. I got no errors while running the program.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o714jyxot1itt7a/_fLtbWjbcJ

Those temps seem to be just fine.

So far your computer is all good. I don't recommend using the motherboards auto-overclock feature though.

If your going to overclock, do it manually.

So there is nothing wrong with your chip.

Those temps seem to be just fine.

So far your computer is all good. I don't recommend using the motherboards auto-overclock feature though.

If your going to overclock, do it manually.

So there is nothing wrong with your chip.

I'll attempt the memtest86 soon, should I run that for 2 hours?

Yes. If everything passes then you are fine.

You should run it longer than that. I usually run Memtest for 24 hours.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

You should run it longer than that. I usually run Memtest for 24 hours.

With memtest running that means I cannot use the computer correct?

With memtest running that means I cannot use the computer correct?

Yes, you have to leave it running, and you can't use your computer while it is running.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

TL:DR the entire topic I suppose. OP was running an automatic overclock that was causing the issue.

You should be fine. Just use your computer like normal without the automatic overclock. Post back if you do start seeing issues again. Also If your issue was solved, don't forget to mark the thread as "answered" to let other people know how they can fix it themselves.

Thanks for all the help, will do if needed.