C0 Error-Code X399 AsRock Pro Gaming

alsebka

Hey everyone, 

today i tried to build my first machine, but i'm having some troubles. 

I'm using the AsRock x399 fatality gaming mobo,

thread ripper 1950x,

corsair ax1200i

zotac 1080 amp! extreme

gskill tridentZ 3600 ddr4 (4x8GB)

Noctua u14S TR4 with push pull

I have the ram set in the a2,b2,c2,d2. 

the cpu is (hopefully) installed correctly (was quite the struggle with the three screws as other have as well).Cooler and both fans installed and connected to the mobo as well. 

the GPU is in the 4th PCIe slot (16x) and connected with the 2x8 pin connectors.

the mobo is connected via the 24pin, the 8 pin and an 4 pin. 

when the power supply is turned on - the system lights up. when turning the system on - the fans run - dr.mos Runs through all the dials - beyond 99 and then powers off again. at first i thought it showed some error so i tried to remove the m2 sad, cpu etc. and presse the little "reset CMOS switch" since some error codes said "remove memory- install memory - reset CMOS". so i thought this with does that. wrong? 

Now its running beyond the 99 again and then its showing me "C0" and rebooting after a while. Any ideas what the problem might be? i'm a bit overstrained with this ...

Thank a ton - 

Alex

12 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Have you checked the manual for code C0?

Yeah as rock doesn't say anything about a "C0" Code in the booklet. But i found some information online - seems that was a bad seating of a memory dimm. I got all four working now. It does post now! The Screen output works only via DVI not DP - this might have been the problem in the first place. 

The Ram how ever is recognized as 3600 but only runs on 2133. even tho the 3500 XMP file was found via "auto".