Brand New Asus ROG Mars 760

BigDADDY
Go to solution Solved by TechFan@ic,

what!! slower?

can i have link or something to proof it, i just want to not waste my money

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_760_mars_review,23.html

The 290 & 780 are faster, have more memory, cheaper and you can buy a second card for a dual GPU-configuration .

And the most important thing is that you do not have to rely on SLI to get the performance you expect out of your machine.

You have to remember that SLI is not supported n the BETA stage of any game and very rarely offers 80%+ scaling.

The MARS 760 is an absolutely epic piece of engineering, it doesn't have a market however, now if Asus suddenly decides to make an ARES R9 290, that would be an entirely different story.

i just seen an review about it,

and what do you guys think about this card, is it worth the money or i will just wait for a better card?

'sup i come in peace

sorry for bad languages  ;)

I haven't yet seen a price for it but I expect it to be around $600-$700. I would go for the 780TI personally due to better compatibility with no sli issues. The rog 760 mars will be faster but might have issues with the sli. In short is is up to you, better performance or better stability/compatibility. 

There's multiple threads about this card already, here, here, here, and here.

Not to be harsh, but people really need to learn to use the search feature.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

760 mars looks pretty nice but i'd rather get a 780ti because its a single gpu config with more vram and you aren't stuck with two cards because lets face it, the only way to upgrade the 760 mars in the future is to buy something new you wouldnt sli it. But in saying that the 780ti is going to be around 80-100 dollars more. 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

760 mars looks pretty nice but i'd rather get a 780ti because its a single gpu config with more vram and you aren't stuck with two cards because lets face it, the only way to upgrade the 760 mars in the future is to buy something new you wouldnt sli it. But in saying that the 780ti is going to be around 80-100 dollars more. 

I consider that price increase to be worth it. The 2gb of VRAM and the 256bit memory bus limit the MARS, especially at higher resolutions and/or Surround. I'm pretty sure two separate 760's will be cheaper as well.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
  • W11Pro

Media Server

• Unraid 6.9.2
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I consider that price increase to be worth it. The 2gb of VRAM and the 256bit memory bus limit the MARS, especially at higher resolutions and/or Surround. I'm pretty sure two separate 760's will be cheaper as well.

on newegg it would cost 600 bucks for two 4gb windforce 3 760s which is the same as the rumored mars pricing. I understand the mars might be better for tiny cases but then the single gpu looks more enticing. I'm not sure where this card sits...

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

on newegg it would cost 600 bucks for two 4gb windforce 3 760s which is the same as the rumored mars pricing. I understand the mars might be better for tiny cases but then the single gpu looks more enticing. I'm not sure where this card sits...

Keep in mind though the MARS is only 2gb per GPU. using two 4gb 660's would be 4gb per card. I'm on the fence about this too. I think it truly shines in a mITX build. Then again, so does a 780 or a 780 Ti. But if you wanna save a few bucks, may be the way to go. As for a mATX build like mine, I'd rather get a 770, then add a second one later on. Or something :P

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
  • W11Pro

Media Server

• Unraid 6.9.2
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

Keep in mind though the MARS is only 2gb per GPU. using two 4gb 660's would be 4gb per card. I'm on the fence about this too. I think it truly shines in a mITX build. Then again, so does a 780 or a 780 Ti. But if you wanna save a few bucks, may be the way to go. As for a mATX build like mine, I'd rather get a 770, then add a second one later on. Or something :P

yah thats why i chose the 4gb cards. I would love an extra 770 but i dont really need it. I will wait for another year or 2 before i upgrade 

I believe the question on everyone's mind is "Why a 760?"

i hope it was the 780ti or 690 ( depend on my personal taste )

'sup i come in peace

It costs $500 and it's slower than an R9 290, I think it is completely pointless.

It was supposed to be a cheaper faster 780, but Nvidia dropping the price of the 780 completely rendered this card useless.

what!! slower?

'sup i come in peace

what!! slower?

The 290 & 780 are faster, have more memory, cheaper and you can buy a second card for a dual GPU-configuration .

And the most important thing is that you do not have to rely on SLI to get the performance you expect out of your machine.

You have to remember that SLI is not supported n the BETA stage of any game and very rarely offers 80%+ scaling.

The MARS 760 is an absolutely epic piece of engineering, it doesn't have a market however, now if Asus suddenly decides to make an ARES R9 290, that would be an entirely different story.

i hope they make the version of 780 or 780 ti

'sup i come in peace