Os server board compatability help

This is a bit of an oddball post, but I need help with a certain aspect of the assembly of a dual socket server board for use in an experiment. To start I am not concerned with the long-term survival of this machine, it only needs to survive for a few days to complete testing then any extra time it survives will be as a cool looking 'thing' until it enevedably fails after what I plan on doing to it. To begin, I'm planning on using a x8dtt-f supermicro board ( here is the exact listing http://m.ebay.com/itm/SuperMicro-Dual-Socket-LGA1366-Motherboard-X8DTT-F-SG007-Rev-2-/361450812379?nav=SEARCH ) in tandem with two Xeon 5550 ( here http://m.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Intel-Xeon-X5550-Quad-Core-2-66GHz-8M-6-4-GT-s-CPU-LGA1366-/321951836641?nav=SEARCH ). I will be submerging it in mineral oil to test different thermal dissipation methods. My biggest concern is how this board supports an os. The micro page seems kinda outdated but it mentions something about requiring raid config, but the techmanual for the board mentions various modes the sata can be set to including legacy modes and sata and whatnot. I would like to know if this board can be used with a normal I'd directly connected to sata with an os such as windows 10. This board is perfectly dimensions and prices for this so I would really like to use it but I'm not experienced in dealing with advanced server board troubleshooting like this, hopefully someone here with field experience can help shed light. Also no I will not submerge the power supply ( have not bothered looking up what model I will need since I found this potenti major roadblock) or the hard drive but am looking for details I may have overlooked initially. As I said before remember the long term life of this machine is not my immediate concern. Thanks for any help you guys can give me and I appologize for this sloppy first time post

Edit:

I do not plan on including a gpu in the testing

ive been running windows 7 on a pair of 5660's sas ports do support sata drives the raid is and a option and can run jbod and the board has sata ports on it anyway

windows install normally than any other computer i would recommend 64bit windows for that ram support

ive been running windows 7 on a pair of 5660's sas ports do support sata drives the raid is and a option and can run jbod and the board has sata ports on it anyway

windows install normally than any other computer i would recommend 64bit windows for that ram support

I neglected to say that I would rather not have to set up a raid as I have no experience not wish to purchase additional hardware. I only said win 10 since Linus mentioned the better nulticore support natively if I remember correctly but you say win 7 would be better, if so I believe there are specific service packs I can only use right? Or am I completely wrong (hopefully). Sorry for my ignorance/laziness to utilize Google after researching for the past 4 hours when I ask what you mean by sas ports.

Also I asked originally because I found documentation that made it seem like there were only very specific compatabilities (in supermicros site) but I'm hoping since more time has passed it is no longer the case. I apologize for my skeptetism but I must be absolutely sure before I go spending someone else's money.

ahh i see

windows 10 could provide better support as it is newer . raid can be used  you may need to download a driver and put it on your usb installer drive so it will let you start the process of installing.

just as a question what is the project for

ahh i see

windows 10 could provide better support as it is newer . raid can be used  you may need to download a driver and put it on your usb installer drive so it will let you start the process of installing.

just as a question what is the project for

Ok so I will not have problems with board accepting windows 10, as well as no issues with a non raid HDD setup? cool! what drivers do you mean, like a BIOS update, if so how would i go about finding a bios/whatever else that would work correctly with this specific board?

As for what it is for, I am testing cooling solutions for mineral oil submerged servers, one of which being a traditional adiabatic cooling (think the air handler side of your conventional AC where the gas expands causing the temperature to drop, the cooling part of the adiabatic process) happening in a chamber adjacent to the oil thus cooling it, since I do not have the time or experience to setup and tune an actual loop from a ac compressor and get all that right, I will simulate it with a Peltier thermometric pad strapped to a waterblock, all I have to do is tune it to a similar temperature and i should get a similar with the same possible watt dissipation of that of a adiabatic process, even though the full scale it would more likely be a much larger area for heat exchange,i can measure the watts dissipated over the area to get some idea of the efficiency. I will also be experimenting with putting the oil through radiators beforehand to possible increase the cooling.The idea would be to push air from the air handler through radiators and then have the oil flow next to pipes containing the decompressing gas to get every last bit of cooling potential from the unit. Now your probably thinking what why the hell go through all of this, well current installations for this kind of system would be have the loop of oil flow through a heat exchange with water and then the water flows through an evaporation chamber, which is a large area of mesh or just air that the water is allowed to breakup in small particles in and is cooled by air being forced from the bottom to the top as the water falls, the temperatures achieved is actually quite amazing with this simple technique, but the heat exchange and tower are proprietary, and expensive and most server farms already have 100's of AC units to cool the server racks,so why not find a way to utilize lets say less than half of them more efficiently to achieve the same without a gross loss of capital (selling/scraping the current solution) followed by a large expense of overahaul and spending to buy and install new units.

I understand it is somewhat shaky logic, but at the end of the day I am really using this as a vessel to study the thermodynamics of the whole system at different points to really research the mineral oil and peltier devices. also its pretty cool. As it stands it will be: container with MOBO in oil>radiator with fans>peltier water-block>back to container. I will be cycling the radiators and peltier in and out throughout testing to analyze the effect each has and study how the oil reacts to these different methods

this articleis quite old but is worth a look as it talks shows an experiment with evaporation cooling for PC's not what I am doing but cool nonetheless http://www.overclockers.com/nuclear-tower-water-cooling/

its for a physics class, got bored one day lol

this is turning into more of 'give advice plox' and I wish I could rename it to "DIY mineral oil server help" (shameless clickb8 to get more notice for help, is it possible to rename this somehow?) or something. I also am trying to figure out a solution for the container. My current idea involves an office trashcan but something more elegant that allows people to see into it would be alot 'cooler'