Debate Corner: Suggestion thread

MrDynamicMan

Hello World!

This is basically the megathread for The Debate Corner. This is where you can post suggestions for debate topics, give feedback on how the system work, and just hang out.

+But please don't debate the topic in this thread, thats for the weekly debate thread.

If I fail to post on the given day feel free to post it yourself with a topic of your choice, just follow the rules and remember not to make it political/Religious.

Rules:

1- Don't shitpost. Make your stance clear, and explain your reasoning. This goes both ways, don't combat an argument with a throwaway comment, like "hurr durr that's racist" without explaining yourself.

2- Try to keep the anger to a minimum, don't start a flame war and DON'T bring up religious/other sensetive topics because that can really fuel the flames. Keep it civil, this isn't a "which GPU" thread.

3-I will present the topic in the simplest way possible, (often just name, or a linked article(s) if more obscure topic)to avoid seeding bias in the OP. After several posts I will give my own thoughts on the topic once several views have been established.

4: as of now we will not be discussing politics, this may change somewhere down the line, but I don't want to make these threads flame wars.

5: And of course, follow the Code of Conduct.

- snip-

Cats are easier to manage than dogs:

They can be trained to use litter box

They are fine with being left alone for long periods of time

They are often smaller and lighter, therefore easier to transport and manage

They are less prone to stealing/begging for food, although extreme cases aren't unheard of.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I can understand your aversion to political topics, but I see it a topic that is pretty hard to avoid. Atleast in the Western world politics influence most things we do. 

One suggestion that I had would be to make have a debate on the criminal justice system. Have a debate on reform vs punishment. That could be intersting, but it would probably be too politically charged.

Edited by Godlygamer23

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I can understand your aversion to political topics, but I see it a topic that is pretty hard to avoid. Atleast in the Western world politics influence most things we do.

One suggestion that I had would be to make have a debate on the criminal justice system. Have a debate on reform vs punishment. That could be intersting, but it would probably be too politically charged.

I do intend to eventually start discussing politics, but I'd rather discuss less... Volatile topics for now. Until I can get the ball rolling and build up a group of regulars. I also don't want it to get shut down by mods if it becomes too flamey.

- snip-

• 2 weeks later...

Are we ready for true Machine Self-Awareness?  Is the world ready to accept a new life form just as smart and much smarter than ourselves?  Able to learn, reason, and innovate?

Globally we can't even contain violence yet:  Violence between groups and individuals that are the exact same race.  There is active propaganda flowing through the global society to class groups/individuals as entirely different races.  Can we handle a truly unique, intelligent "Race" on earth? 

• 3 weeks later...

intel vs amd

which ones beter ;)

Nah, in all seriousness I don't think we are ready for like intense robots yet, I watched i-Robot and now I don't want any robots on earth that are sentient.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

8 hours ago, r1Ns3 said:

Hidden Content

Nah, in all seriousness I don't think we are ready for like intense robots yet, I watched i-Robot and now I don't want any robots on earth that are sentient.

Intel.  AMD wouldn't exist if it weren't for them.  Technology wise, well they are good for certain things.  Intel chips do perform better though.  I sort of think of the 2 companies like this:

Intel: Their i7 range is generally like Super Cars. Sleek, Fast and have a lot under the hood.  Their Xeon range are like Hyper Cars.  Down right power house.

Amd: All of their chips are like Muscle cars. Beefy, have a lot under the hood but are slowed by their design.