Looking for a HSF to begin overclocking

Tuloth
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Thanks for the reply!  I should have included that in my original post, my mistake.  After a new case and graphics card we might as well call my budget destitute.  I was just going to go with a 212 EVO, but I thought I read on these forums that it was highly over rated / outdated and that there were better HSFs in that same price range?

Pure Rock is the one in same price range with 212 Evo. Pure Rock being bit better in performance and noise.

Hey everyone,

With the onset of cyber monday, I have made some purchases to hopefully bring my PC a bit more up to snuff with current gen hardware (it is currently 5 years old).  

This is what my rig looks like right now: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HYJ2Jx

The case and graphics card are new.  I was hoping to keep my current processor and buy a new HSF to overclock my CPU and bring it up to par with the new card.  I'm not looking to break the bank on cooling, just something simple, quiet, and capable of pulling a decent OC.  (This will be my first time, I'm not trying to break any records). I currently use the stock HSF, so damn near anything will be better.

Thank you for your time!

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Samsung 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro Case: Lian Li Lancool One

What is budget when you aren't breaking bank? Low budget cooler would be Pure Rock. Bit higher on price range and you have Dark Rock, bit more and you have U14S. Even more and we get to dual tower range. Your case can take every cooler there is. High profile RAM will limit dual towers away.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What is budget when you aren't breaking bank? Low budget cooler would be Pure Rock. Bit higher on price range and you have Dark Rock, bit more and you have U14S. Even more and we get to dual tower range. Your case can take every cooler there is. High profile RAM will limit dual towers away.

Thanks for the reply!  I should have included that in my original post, my mistake.  After a new case and graphics card we might as well call my budget destitute.  I was just going to go with a 212 EVO, but I thought I read on these forums that it was highly over rated / outdated and that there were better HSFs in that same price range?

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Samsung 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro Case: Lian Li Lancool One

Pure Rock is the one in same price range with 212 Evo. Pure Rock being bit better in performance and noise.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks for the aid, Doc!