PC for gaming and vector graphics

jamaniek

Hi!

My very first post on the comunnity, which I hope to be valuable member some day. :) To be honest I don't have all that much of experience with PC building and I stopped catching up with the industry since GeForce 9xxx series (yeah...). I've been using laptops only for a long time, but now I need something more powerful and future proof, so:

What's it for:

Gaming- I'd like to be able to play most recent titiles and 1080p at high settings.

Vector graphics- 2D and 3D drawings using AutoCAD, 3Ds Max and SolidWorks. This one is really important. The PC has to handle complex drawings and 3D models flawlessly.

I need:

PC: 

-no optical drive

-SSD would be nice

-at least one USB C (not necessary, but it would make file transfers to my Nexus 6P easier)

-Two HDMIs or HDMI + DisplayPort

-AC Wi-Fi

Monitor:

24" (not more, no less, as I want it to match my current one)

Other:

Mouse and Keyboard

No Windows needed

Price: 1500-2000$

Other than the above I have no idea how to even begin to pick the parts. I'' be thankful for any help.

Hi!

My very first post on the comunnity, which I hope to be valuable member some day. :) To be honest I don't have all that much of experience with PC building and I stopped catching up with the industry since GeForce 9xxx series (yeah...). I've been using laptops only for a long time, but now I need something more powerful and future proof, so:

What's it for:

Gaming- I'd like to be able to play most recent titiles and 1080p at high settings.

Vector graphics- 2D and 3D drawings using AutoCAD, 3Ds Max and SolidWorks. This one is really important. The PC has to handle complex drawings and 3D models flawlessly.

I need:

PC: 

-no optical drive

-SSD would be nice

-at least one USB C (not necessary, but it would make file transfers to my Nexus 6P easier)

-AC Wi-Fi

Monitor:

Other:

Mouse and Keyboard

No Windows needed

Other than the above I have no idea how to even begin to pick the parts. I'' be thankful for any help.

1500-2000 I gotch you! Give me a few minutes

Hi!

What's it for:

I need:

PC: 

-no optical drive

-SSD would be nice

-AC Wi-Fi

Monitor:

Other:

Mouse and Keyboard

No Windows needed

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($364.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($644.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($129.00 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Logitech G710 Plus Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($65.00 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2043.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 08:28 EST-0500

That was quick! :) I'll look into both configurations, and once I make my choice, I'll post my build on the forums. Thank you guys! :)