PC random crash

rocketboyz

Ok, so I was playing some Minecraft (Please don't judge ;-;, just to show how much stress it puts on the system) at a very stable 120fps, than boom. Everything crashes, no blue screen, just a black screen. Case/fans where still working because my case's fans are connected to my fan controller directly connected to my PSU, but my CPU fan connected to my motherboard doesn't work. I still see the light of my GPU on, the one that says that the 8 pin connector is connected and working, and the disk drive is spinning, but nothing works. I try to restart the system, nothing works. I try to turn off the PSU, than back on, than restart, still doesn't work. After about 15 minutes, I try to boot once again, than it works just like magic. I ignore it, start another game of Minecraft, than the same thing happens, but this time my CPU fan is going HAM while nothing else except my case/fans connected to fan controller works. Note I'm able to restart my computer about 3 minutes after the crash the second time.

One possibility could be my GPU, since I bought it like 2-3 days ago way after I got the rest of my computer. I had the rest since march, and nothing like that happened. I tried to do a stress test of my CPU / RAM / GPU / SSD all at the same time, and it doesn't crash and doesn't overheat (Normal CPU temp of about 60-70 degree max at 100%). I tried to do the Windows Memory Diagnostic, everything is fine. I know there is a lot of things connected to my wall power outlet, but everything else connected to it was working just fine, for exemple my screen. I looked at the motherboard for any broken capacitors, and I couldn't find any. I'm personally guessing it's... 1. The motherboard since it's low quality compared to everything else, and everything connected to it wasn't working while crashed 2. The GPU, maybe a GPU overheat or just the cause of the failure because it has manufacture default 3. The PSU since it's low quality, and I'm not sure if it can handle everything well.

So, here is the 2 error that happened in the same hour. Note I didn't play again some video games, but it has not crashed yet.

1st crash

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          29/11/2015 3:19:27 AM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      PCrocketboyZ
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-29T08:19:27.716802100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>78246</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>PCrocketboyZ</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

2nd crash

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          29/11/2015 3:58:19 AM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      PCrocketboyZ
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-29T08:58:19.060002700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>78417</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>PCrocketboyZ</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Specs:

• Windows 7 Home 64 bit
  • MSI Z97M-G43 (BIOS version 2015, latest)
  • Intel i7 4790k (stock)
  • 2x8GB HyperX Fury RAM (1866MHz)
  • nVidia Asus Strix GTX 970  (stock)
  • Samsung 840 pro SSD (250GB) boot + storage drive
  • Corsair CX500M (500W 80+ bronze)
  • Corsair Water Cooling Kit H60

I just want to thank you so much for all the time you're putting just in helping others, and I'm really appreciating it! :)

CX with an i7 and 970 - hooray for crapp PSUs

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

CX with an i7 and 970 - hooray for crapp PSUs

Ok well thank you for your advice x) I guess I'm buying a new PSU ;-; What do you recommend for the lowest price possible?

Ok well thank you for your advice x) I guess I'm buying a new PSU ;-; What do you recommend for the lowest price possible?

XFX TS 550W or Antec High Current Gamer 520M

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

XFX TS 550W or Antec High Current Gamer 520M

Ok thank you :) I'm still looking for answers just in case anyone finds another error, but ill definitly buy a new PSU x)

The PSU might be the thing... but i got a weird guess and (its happened to me once).. Check if ur cooler is leaking.. even a minute leak may cause a lot of troubles .. i know its very unlikely but still.. keep observing ur cooler under load and check for leaks.. if it is, maybe its time to change.. plz plz do not try DIY methods to stop the leak.. anyway get a better PSU as that would be my best bet (i know it sounds weird :Pbut still it might be it)so all the best.. :)

The PSU might be the thing... but i got a weird guess and (its happened to me once).. Check if ur cooler is leaking.. even a minute leak may cause a lot of troubles .. i know its very unlikely but still.. keep observing ur cooler under load and check for leaks.. if it is, maybe its time to change.. plz plz do not try DIY methods to stop the leak.. anyway get a better PSU as that would be my best bet (i know it sounds weird :Pbut still it might be it)so all the best.. :)

Ok thank you :) So it's 2-0-0 for the PSU lol