Gigabyte launches FM2+ motherboard lineup for kaveri APUs

M-ursu
With Kaveri APUs pushed to early 2014, motherboard manufacturer’s can’t wait out but to launch their next iteration of A88X chipset based FM2+ socket motherboards. Gigabyte being one of the leading motherboard makers has launched new FM2+ socket boards which support AMD’s current FM2 and upcoming Kaveri APU lineups.
post-2255-0-78434400-1376730232.jpeg

Gigabyte Launches FM2+ Socket Based A88X Chipset Boards
The new FM2+ motherboards from Gigabyte fall in their G1.Sniper and legacy F2A88X lineup which consist of a total of 7 new products. The ones being showed off by Gigabyte are the G1.Sniper A88X and F2A88X-UP4 boards. The F2A88X-UP4 is the direct replacement to the F2A85X-UP4 which we reviewed with Trinity and Richland while the G1.Sniper A88X is the first gaming series motherboard from Gigabyte for AMD processors.

The F2A88X-UP4 is the top tier FM2 board aside the G1.Sniper featuring an Ultra Durable 5 design with an 8 Phase PWM supply. The CPU is supplied power through an 8-Pin connector while we can see a large heatsink set laid out next to the VRM and on the PCB interconnected with a heatpipe to dissipate heat. The FM2+ socket is largely similar to older FM2 and AM3 sockets so it should be easy to reuse coolers on the new socket since the retention bracket is same. Four DDR3 DIMM slots offer support for 64 GB of memory with speeds of 2133 MHz+ O.C. There are 6 SATA 6GBps ports along with a front header USB connector. The image is quite small but i can spot a 7th SATA port right near the edge of the PCH heatsink beneath the DEBUG LED. Expansion slots include three PCI-e x16, three PCI-e x1 and a single legacy PCI slot. I/O includes, 4 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, HDMI/DP/VGA /DVI, Gigabit Ethernet, PS/2, SPDIF and a 6 Channel Audio jack ports powered by Realtek ALC898.
post-2255-0-83541900-1376730271.jpeg
The G1.Sniper A88X is the second A88X chipset and FM2+ socket based product that sticks loyal to its green and black theme. The CPU is powered by an 8-Pin connector and offers 8 SATA ports, two PCI-e x16, three PCI-e x1 and two PCI slots. The up gradable OP-AMP exists on both parts. Aside from these two parts, Gigabyte’s FM2+ socket motherboard lineup includes:
G1.Sniper A88X
-F2A88X-UP4      
-F2A88X-D3H      
-F2A88X-HD3
-F2A88XM-D3H  
-F2A85XM-DS2  
-F2A88XM-HD3  
Release:
- “We’ve had a lot of customer interest in expanding our G1-Killer gaming motherboard range to include an AMD platform model.” commented Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE Motherboard Business Unit. ”By also developing unique audio features that make a real difference to the overall experience, we’re confident this board will be a real hit with gamers and audiophiles alike.”

GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio: Redefining Motherboard Audio
GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio combines a range of unique features and technologies that are designed to give audio enthusiasts and PC gamers more control over their motherboard audio than ever before.
USB DAC-UP
Featuring a gold plated USB 2.0 port, GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in power from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible.

Ready for Kaveri on AMD Socket FM2+ 
GIGABYTE A88X series motherboards feature the new FM2+ APU socket, and are designed to get the most from forthcoming Kaveri AMD APUs, while preserving compatibility for current AMD FM2 APUs. FM2+ AMD APUs offer native support for 8 GT/s PCI Express gen 3.0 as well as DX11.1 support integrating the high performance 'Steamroller' core. AMD socket FM2+ APUs also offer native support for 4K resolution displays on HDMI and DisplayPort.

Source:

So from what I read quickly ROG meets APU?

That's ASUS

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Why do some manufacturers still include PCI slots?! When is the last time you  one?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I know its Asus just the features are basically what ROG line up has Gigabyte took those features like better sound and overclocking and put it on a board for APU's.

Why do some manufacturers still include PCI slots?! When is the last time you  one?

I used one just recently to install a wireless card.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

PCI 4ever... LOL

I used one just recently to install a wireless card.

D: Why? Can you link me to that card? I want to see how that card performs. :P

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

This has been posted already, even though this is a much better post than the original you still need to let a mod know.

D: Why? Can you link me to that card? I want to see how that card performs. :P

54mb/s on 802.11b/g since the internet bandwidth wasn't even that much, he'd basically have top performance every time, and it was only $15

54mb/s on 802.11b/g since the internet bandwidth wasn't even that much, he'd basically have top performance every time, and it was only $15

Thats pretty good!

This has been posted already, even though this is a much better post than the original you still need to let a mod know.

Like BlackoutCrisis said, already posted but TBH this one is way better presented. (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/46847-first-gigabyte-amd-gaming-motherboard-announced/)

I reported it, so MODs will delete this if thy see it nesessary.

Anyways back on topic!

This is good news, I hope they try to make AMD mobo's better. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S