Question about 2 monitors with audio.

Knusperfisch
Go to solution Solved by Stardar1,

should be able to set the audio output in windows, no hardware needed

Hey guys. I have a question. 

I have an 980Ti and a Z97 G1 Sniper Mainboard and I want to use 2 monitors. One of them would be my Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD, which I would be connecting through DVI to my 980 Ti. I'm using external speakers, connected to my mainboard. This is my setup at the moment. And sound just works. But here's the part where I'm getting a bit confused. My parents have an older 1080p monitor which they would give to me since they're not using it. It's in great shape and picture quality and colors are okay for my needs. I would be connecting the 2nd monitor through HDMI to my 980 Ti, while having my SyncMaster connected to the same card via DVI. 

My question:

What do I have to do that the sound from the 2nd monitor also comes from my external speakers and not through the monitor itself? It doesn't have a DVI input. 

It has these audio connections at the back. (Attached a picture)

My mainboard has

1 x coaxial S/PDIF Out connector

1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector

Do I have to buy another cable? I hope some of you understand my questions and could anwser it:)

post-154985-0-41242700-1444770144.png

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

yeah... you should be able to hook your external speakers into your computer and it will do the rest

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

yeah... you should be able to hook your external speakers into your computer and it will do the rest

Thanks!