About Thermal compound..

Theres a few method of applying

One line,cross method and a grain of rice method.

None of them actually fully covers the cpu,so is full coverage important?

If so,anyone here knows the proper way to achieve full coverage without leaking the compound onto the mobo?

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

In theory, any volume of paste greater than the sum of micro-divits and dents in the surfaces of the CPU and the cooler will squeeze out assuming sufficient pressure, so the answer might just be push harder (but not too hard - don't break the motherboard like some people do... 3 times ;))

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

The "X" method is the most thermally effective. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

In theory, any volume of paste greater than the sum of micro-divits and dents in the surfaces of the CPU and the cooler will squeeze out assuming sufficient pressure, so the answer might just be push harder (but not too hard - don't break the motherboard like some people do... 3 times ;))

I'm digging the LTT reference.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

The "X" method is the most thermally effective.

Any way i can do full coverage.. maybe add a line or smt? xD

If i leak to the mobo it wont break or will it?

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

Linus too ghetto

Nope. X is best: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Thermal-Paste-Application-Techniques-170/

post-233981-0-65749700-1444334450_thumb.

tim is a pain in the rear to get off a motherboard when you put too much on... you really dont need to put that much intel small grain of rice, amd a line down the center. the heat sink will spread out the tim, you dont need to cover the whole thing 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

DAFUQ happy face lol

Yeah. 

post-233981-0-50744600-1444334647.jpg

It actually did fairly well.