M.2 850evo vs 950pro 500gb versions

Im getting the xpower titanium now that msi has confirmed with me that the dual m.2 slots wont effect the lanes provided on the cpu so that i can still run sli and dual m.2 with out running out of lanes....

Now i need to find drives, i was looking at the 512bg 850 evos for about 180 each, but with the 950 pro now coming out, im wonding if its worth the price premium to go with 2-512gb 950 pros.... little bit more speed but probably better parts/reliability with it being a new series and a PRO...

Ill be running them in raid 0 with no other drives, just a 1TB raid from the 2 drives...

for m.2 I wouldn't go with either. Unless 950 pro is actual m.2 ssd. 850 evo is as slow as sata ssd's anyway. Look for Kingston HyperX Predator or that Samsung SSD with just numbers and letters which I can't remember. They are much faster than 850 evo. 1000-2000 mb/s range.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

for m.2 I wouldn't go with either. Unless 950 pro is actual m.2 ssd. 850 evo is as slow as sata ssd's anyway. Look for Kingston HyperX Predator or that Samsung SSD with just numbers and letters which I can't remember. They are much faster than 850 evo. 1000-2000 mb/s range.

Yea i just saw the the 850 evo is the same as their 2.5" drive line up... the 950 pro is rated for 2500mbs read and 1500mbs write... so raid 0 would be pushing close to 5gbs read and 3gbs write.....

Yup, that's true, although i guess that the 950 pro is an nvme m.2 drive (not 100% sure)