Accidentally merged my downloads folder with my user folder

Hyperion1817

Somehow I managed to accidentally merge my downloads folder with my user folder. I cant change the location in the folders properties and I would like to know how to revert it so that I have my c://users/tony instead of c://users/downloads. And yes if I download anything it goes into my users folder and my user folder fills the download folder. I am at a complete loss and any help would be great.

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

In the download folder find tony and drag it out and place it on your desktop and palce tony back in your users folder

In the download folder find tony and drag it out and place it on your desktop and palce tony back in your users folder

Explain man. I don't get what you are saying. I can't find the user folder in my downloads folder. The user folder and my downloads folder are somehow shared

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

It's almost like I made my downloads folder my user folder. 

I've did something similiar but all i did was it changed the name when I did something like it.

Can you see the "Location" tab in the properties of the "Tony" folder? If you can then simply change it back to your download folder. There shouldn't usually be a "Location" tab in your user profile folder as it can't be moved in its entirety.

Failing that you can view all your user folders by running the following command in a run prompt:

shell:UsersFilesFolder

In this view you should see all the folders that you have set up as "Downloads", and one of them should be set to your "Tony" folder. Simply change this to your download folder of choice or click "Restore Defaults".

I hope this helps :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."