Dual Display Problems (won't detect HDMI) PLEASE HELP

Hey everyone,

so i downloaded a movie onto my computer (which was hooked up at a desk with two monitors which were working fine) and moved it to my TV so that i could watch the movie on a bigger screen. My comp was originally connected to two monitors, one by HDMI and the other with a VGA because of only one HDMI port on GPU. When i tried connecting the comp to my TV with HDMI, it didn't work, so i plugged it in with VGA and that worked fine. When i put my PC back, (my original setup was that the primary monitor was attached with HDMI and secondary was attached with the VGA) only the VGA (secondary) display was recognized and my computer put it as the main monitor which was weird because i had a dual monitor setup before and it didn't recognize it when i put it back the way it was. Anyways, my problem now is that i cannot get the monitor arrangement back to what it was. My PC doesn't even detect my primary monitor anymore and I don't know what to do, I have tried windows+P, AMD catalyst control center and control panel to try and get it back but none seem to even detect my HDMI display. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Specs: i7 4790k, R9 280x, 8gb kingston fury RAM, 1TB HDD. Monitors are both samsung S24D390 24inch monitors (unavailable now i think)