Showin Off The Goods

TheArmChairGuru

Just showin off the goodz.

I only have one pic but specs are:

Thermaltake Commander Case (black)

Thermaltake Smart M Series 850W modular PSU (Went higher for future use GPU upgrade)

Gen. 1 Asus Sabertooth 990FX MB

AMD FX-8320 CPU (Overclocked / fluctuates between 3.79-4.10)

Corsair H80i AIO Cooler (yes I know the label is upside down)

MSI Twin Frozr III GTX660 OC (Stock settings, it works fine for what I need) UPGRADE

**Upgraded to a Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce** (picture still shows original GTX 660)

The WF was much cheaper than a G1 gaming model and I overclocked it to pretty much the same as a G1 anyway !

Generic 8 GB ram (4 x 2GB) but they are latency / speed matched

Generic DVD Optical Drive

WD 1 TB Boot drive

WD 2TB Backup / General use drive

The astute of you will realize that at the top left of the picture, there is a slot cut into the case.

Because why not ?  I modded it because with this setup, the radiator won't actually fit into the case properly, so I cut a slot out of the top of the case for it.

Don't judge, the cpu almost never gets hotter than 50c even under load !  (it's 36c as I'm typing this)

I know the wiring isn't 'super' contained, but I seriously built this thing 2 years ago in about an hour.

Of course the OS and software installation took longer.

Asus BIOS settings are set to D.O.C.P. and I set the VRM Spread spectrum to 'enabled' to help stability.

It's been stable and even renders well @ 1080 for general use videos (youtube and such).

For those wondering, the entire build only cost about $750 USD and that was 2 years ago.

I got the MB and GPU gently used on ebay (different sellers) and the rest of the parts were new.

I welcome comments or suggestions

Rock On !

*Edit: I chose the cpu not for gaming performance but rather the fact that I do mild video encoding and also end up doing 5 or 6 things at once *when* i'm gaming.

I run whatever game i'm on, I stream to twitch sometimes, i'll have browser open with multiple tabs just killing time, voice chat software, etc. and my cpu choice absolutely doesn't slow down when i'm doing all those things at once.

I have quite a few years under my belt for PC architecture.

I understand the differences between CPUs and honestly If I were building a *pure* gaming rig, I'd be inclined to use an Intel product.

post-253333-0-26950600-1440742618_thumb.

FX-8320 @3.79 - Corsair H80i - Gigabyte GTX 970 WF - Asus Sabertooth - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 80+ Platinum - Thermaltake Commander Black
--- Twitter: @Armchairgooroo    FB: Thearmchairguru    Twitch: armchairguru ---

That cpu cooling mount is bothering me more than usual.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

That cpu cooling mount is bothering me more than usual.

Yea, It's upside down but the pipes just weren't playing nice if I tried to mount it correct side up for viewing.

It's literally just upside down, it's a quirk but It's not a show build, it's a work horse ;)

FX-8320 @3.79 - Corsair H80i - Gigabyte GTX 970 WF - Asus Sabertooth - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 80+ Platinum - Thermaltake Commander Black
--- Twitter: @Armchairgooroo    FB: Thearmchairguru    Twitch: armchairguru ---

You guys don't even want to see my computer.
My cable management is on point! (not. you will throw up)

I produce music!