Different Hertz

DarkBlade2117

So I've been piecing together peripheals for my upcoming PC. Was wondering if having different refresh rates would effect each other because I couldn't afford 3 144hz 1440p monitors. So I was thinking of getting two of these http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umhx2aa001 for productivity, watching a few videos ect ect and then getting a single 144hz 1440p monitor for purely gaming ( would also be an Acer ).

I'd like to keep them 27inch because it tends to be the sweet spot and anything much bigger to me seems to big when you are wishing 2-3 feet from them. Also 1440p for the productivity ones to stop scaling issues

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

It'll be just fine, you can mix refresh rates as much as you want.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Unless your a E-Sports player refresh rate doesn't matter too much, unless you play games like Arma, Battlefield ect where you need the most up-to-date frames displayed to you the fastest, These kid of Hz only apply to how fast the new frame is displayed to you, in this case 144 frames/second, To be honest I would get 1 144 and the rest in 60Hz  or just all 3 in 60Hz. 

1, 144Hz and 2 60Hz you will notice a FPS difference, allowing you to see more then 60 FPS will be confusing if you go back to 60Hz monitor it can sometimes cause for headaches 

Unless your a E-Sports player refresh rate doesn't matter too much, unless you play games like Arma,

Unless you play ArmA? How many frame do you get in Arma?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Unless your a E-Sports player refresh rate doesn't matter too much, unless you play games like Arma, Battlefield ect where you need the most up-to-date frames displayed to you the fastest, 

I can't say I agree with you. High refresh rates allow for smoother movement in every aspect of a game assuming your computer can handle running a game well above 60fps. It's a very noticeable upgrade that will affect any game you own that has an unlocked framerate(or at least capped at 144fps or above).  It's very much not for E-Sports only.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I can't say I agree with you. High refresh rates allow for smoother movement in every aspect of a game assuming your computer can handle running a game well above 60fps. It's a very noticeable upgrade that will affect any game you own that has an unlocked framerate(or at least capped at 144fps or above).  It's very much not for E-Sports only.

I'd second that, you can feel the difference in everything you do as long as your PC can out put over 144 FPS! it feels smoother on the desktop :)  

Intel i5 3570K. Cooler Master Seidon 120V. Asus P8Z77-V LK. Corsair vengeance LP 8GB. EVGA GTX 980 TI ACX 2.0+ SC. Seasonic M12-II 750w. NZXT H440. Crucial BX100 250GB. Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD. Seagate 1TB. Razer Death Adder 2013. Razer Blackwidow Tournament. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohm/Mod Mic 4.0. FiiO E10K DAC. Steelseries QCK+. Benq XL2430T@144Hz. 2x Dell U2414H. Phone Sony Xperia Z3

I have Benq xl2420z 144Hz 1080p monitor, along with an old 50hz 1080p TV. I have had the xl2420z for almost a year, and i freaking love it. The 144Hz is amazing, you can feel it ingame aswell as in Windows in general. Switching from the 144Hz to the 50hz TV isn't as weird as it sounds, After a couple of hours you get used to it, and it isn't a problem anymore. Asuming you have a beast of a computer, 1 144hz and 2 60Hz monitors would be amazing. It dosn't really matter if you want to play on all of the monitors at the same time either. switching from 60hz to 144hz and vise versa is as easy as right clicking your desktop and going into the menus there.

The only problem i have with my 144Hz monitor is that i am constantly trying to maintain the 144Hz ingame, and that will cost you in visual quality. Maybe not yet, since you will have a new computer and all, but in a year or two.

I have Benq xl2420z 144Hz 1080p monitor, along with an old 50hz 1080p TV. I have had the xl2420z for almost a year, and i freaking love it. The 144Hz is amazing, you can feel it ingame aswell as in Windows in general. Switching from the 144Hz to the 50hz TV isn't as weird as it sounds, After a couple of hours you get used to it, and it isn't a problem anymore. Asuming you have a beast of a computer, 1 144hz and 2 60Hz monitors would be amazing. It dosn't really matter if you want to play on all of the monitors at the same time either. switching from 60hz to 144hz and vise versa is as easy as right clicking your desktop and going into the menus there.

The only problem i have with my 144Hz monitor is that i am constantly trying to maintain the 144Hz ingame, and that will cost you in visual quality. Maybe not yet, since you will have a new computer and all, but in a year or two.

Right now I don't have a beast computer but in the Kindda person that wants everything to be ready and set into mind. It'll have a 980ti or nvidias pascal if it takes awhile,for me to get the money, heck 144hz could be cheaper by time I get it but I might have a large sum of money coming towards me soon. Large sum like $2000

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Right now I don't have a beast computer but in the Kindda person that wants everything to be ready and set into mind. It'll have a 980ti or nvidias pascal if it takes awhile,for me to get the money, heck 144hz could be cheaper by time I get it but I might have a large sum of money coming towards me soon. Large sum like $2000

Well then I defenetly think you should go for it!

Unless you play ArmA? How many frame do you get in Arma?

did you also not see battlefield? Battlefield is where you need the highest refresh rate and i get well over 200 FPS max.

Games like CS:GO, Battlefield, and DotA, other competitive games (excluding CoD).

Accuracy is everything in Arma, its meant to be an army simulator, to be the most realistic as possible, 60Hz v 144Hz theres a huge difference, nearly 80 more frames per second displayed, having a higher chance to get a kill or snipe someone.

Well you have to take into account what games you play. I guess you won't get a good stable 100+FPS(in WQHD) in e. g. Star Wars Battlefront... so you should also think about that.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

did you also not see battlefield? Battlefield is where you need the highest refresh rate and i get well over 200 FPS max.

Games like CS:GO, Battlefield, and DotA, other competitive games (excluding CoD).

Accuracy is everything in Arma, its meant to be an army simulator, to be the most realistic as possible, 60Hz v 144Hz theres a huge difference, nearly 80 more frames per second displayed, having a higher chance to get a kill or snipe someone.

I know you said bf too.

In case you didn't notice but I asked about ArmA. And in case your wonder I asked because I can barely (and I mean only super-dupper-wanky-mode-ON) get an average of 60FPS in Arma. So I am puzzled about what you meant.

My friend plays CO60 missions on a laptop getting 20FPS and he does just fine.

So to round out what I wanted to say. I am curious what FPS you get in arma and I am a bit puzzled as to why you included that game. It's not a big deal it is just me being me.

3.Use

Well you have to take into account what games you play. I guess you won't get a good stable 100+FPS(in WQHD) in e. g. Star Wars Battlefront... so you should also think about that.

i also put into mind I don't mind lowering settings down to medium, any lower is meh. Im happy with 75fps or more because the difference between 75-100 to me isn't as noticeable as 60-75