Is an q800 still any good?

Go to solution Solved by bomerr,

yeah i  can get a solid 1150 mobo for 70 euro. then an i3 with hypertreading, and 8 gb ram. thats better right?

oh i thought you meant a socket 775 mobo (g45 chipset)

ya a 1150 with an i3, 8gb of ram and an 750 Ti (OC'd) would be a much better option. 

I want to upgrade from my e5500 pentium to a q800 for 40 euro's from amazon. It's a dell pc i was gifted. I can't switch mobo's cause oem windows. But is is still good for: gta v, witcher 3 (low), ac unity, league of legends, other ac games? I will upgrade my gt 730 to gtx 750 ti, and 4x1 gb ram to 4x2 gb ram. Don't say build a new pc cause my pc is still fine. i can use cables, case, and harddrive, and windows. i'm on socket lga 775

Should work... C2Q's work well...

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Not a good idea. OEM mobos can have difficulties with CPU upgrades. 

I just built a Q9400 system with an OC'd 750 Ti (1.2v, 1424mhz, 65W power limit, etc) and it was bottlenecked by the CPU. Witcher 3 and GTA V are playable as long as you're fine with FPS pits where the GPU usage drops to like 60-70%--I personally wasn't.  LoL should be fine tho. 

IMO 775 isn't worth building unless you put in a X5460 and OC it to 4ghz. 

Not a good idea. OEM mobos can have difficulties with CPU upgrades. 

I just built a Q9400 system with an OC'd 750 Ti (1.2v, 1424mhz, 65W power limit, etc) and it was bottlenecked by the CPU. Witcher 3 and GTA V are playable as long as you're fine with FPS pits where the GPU usage drops to like 60-70%--I personally wasn't.  LoL should be fine tho. 

IMO 775 isn't worth building unless you put in a X5460 and OC it to 4ghz. 

i'm upgrading not building

samething

but can i get a new mobo? will windows still work?

but can i get a new mobo? will windows still work?

Can you find a G45 motherboard cheap? On eBay all the mobos I've seen go for like 60-70 USD and at that point, upgrading CPU, Mobo, RAM, why not just go to a much better platform. 

Can you find a G45 motherboard cheap? On eBay all the mobos I've seen go for like 60-70 USD and at that point, upgrading CPU, Mobo, RAM, why not just go to a much better platform. 

yeah i  can get a solid 1150 mobo for 70 euro. then an i3 with hypertreading, and 8 gb ram. thats better right?

and then an 750 ti

oh i thought you meant a socket 775 mobo (g45 chipset)

ya a 1150 with an i3, 8gb of ram and an 750 Ti (OC'd) would be a much better option. 

Which Dell pc do you have?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

If you have the latest bios, it seems like you can put any LGA 775 in that motherboard. Look online for a cheap LGA 775 Core 2 Quad. I'd suggest you to try this before buying a new motherboard, cpu, and windows key.

inspiron 560...

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

If you have the latest bios, it seems like you can put any LGA 775 in that motherboard. Look online for a cheap LGA 775 Core 2 Quad. I'd suggest you to try this before buying a new motherboard, cpu, and windows key.

hmm idk i'm probably getting ps4. i wanna play games like ac unity