Another rebuilt project - Project Stealthbox - system rebuild

ReviewsByGarry

stealthbox.png

Hey guys what's up, just wanted to share a rebuild that I am currently doing. I was provided the Power Supply by Bit Fenix to do a project video and posting and I was also also provided the XFX 270X video card by XFX to do a video review (which is on my YouTube). I like to mention the vendors who support me and my projects and also my channel. Thank you guys. 

This machine originally had a Intel i7-4770 processor (non K) and the MSI Krait edition motherboard with some white accents before, it looked great, but I ended up having to RMA the board due to a PCI Express connector issue and at the time my cousin was upgrading his system.. so since this wasn't my main system I decided to just sell the processor (260.00 on eBay) due to the fact I didn't use it much, plus it was a Non-K variant.. I'll be selling the board as well (once it comes back from RMA). 

My cousin sold me his old ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and i5-3570k for $100 bucks, so I was able to still keep the build, reuse some parts, and also incorporate the XFX video card and Bit Fenix power supply (and I'll still be able to pocket around $250 bucks after I sell the motherboard) - this was good for me as I never really used the Intel system and this way I still have a pretty nice system for a test bench. 

I originally purchased the Fractal Design R4 Blackout case on sale, but it was the non window version, I got it for $69.99, I already had a White R4 and knew I loved the case, so I purchased a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Left Side Panel w/ Tinted Window from Puget systems to complete the build. Thanks to Puget Systems, the customer service there is great, also thanks to FractalJosh for recommending them for spare/replacement parts. 

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

CPU: Intel i5-3570k 

Cooler: Enermax Cluster Cooler (Black version) /w custom black painted fan mounts

Memory: Kingston Hyper-X 1866MHZ 8GB DDR 3 (4 x 2)

Storage: OCZ Arc 100 - 120GB SSD (System Drive)

Storage: Western Digital 750GB Black (Storage Drive)

Case: Fractal Design R4 Blackout Edition /w Arc Midi R2 Left Tinted Side Panel

Video Card: XFX R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation (CLICK HERE FOR MY REVIEW)

Power Supply: BitFenix Fury 650G 650 Watts

Fans: 3-120mm Thermaltake TT-1225 Fans (2 on cooler,1 in front) - 2-140mm Fractal Design R2 Slient Series (1 bottom, 1 rear)

It's partially done, but I wanted to show it off, I think it's going to come out great once I get it all finished. Let me know what you guys think!

Please note: The EVGA power supply is going to be removed. :) - And I'll be removing the top drive cage as well. 

DSC01263.jpg

I love the way the painted fan mounts look with the solid black fans, looks so awesome.

DSC01261.jpg

Love the way this XFX R9 270X looks in the case, what do you guys think? You can pick one up here: XFX R9 270X

DSC01256.jpg

The new power supply, thanks to BitFenix, they make some awesome products, you can pick up one here: Fury 650G

DSC01258.jpg

Back view, looks great I think so! :) 

DSC01259.jpg

And finally the Midi side panel I ordered from Puget Systems. :) 

DSC01260.jpg

Thanks guys for looking at the build, let me know what you all think, I'll have more pics as I finish it up and an overview video as well. 

Love the CPU cooler (have one myself), but it's installed backwards. The two vents on the top are supposed to face the other way.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Love the CPU cooler (have one myself), but it's installed backwards. The two vents on the top are supposed to face the other way.

I've seen them either orientation in a lot of builds, wonder if it actually makes that much of a difference. The fans are in Push-Pull, I'll try it both ways and see the results. When mine came, the single fan was on that side to push through it, so that's why I've always placed them that way. Thanks for the heads up. 

I went ahead and swapped it, I'll still test both ways, it actually looks better this way too, thanks for catching that. I wonder if Enermax knows they are being shipped like that .. (or if it makes a huge difference?).

After removing the EVGA power supply and running the fan cables, looks pretty empty.

Decided to leave the drive cages so I can setup a raid configuration later since this is going to be a mini server/test bench. 

DSC01266.jpg

BitFenix 650G - 650 Watt Power Supply, love the looks of this thing, but the label is blue, so I wanted it to match a bit better.

DSC01267.jpg

This should do the trick, label came off pretty easy, then used Goo Gone to get rid of the sticky residue. 

DSC01268.jpg

After installing the PSU, love the way it looks! 

DSC01269.jpg

After all the cables were ran and installed the back panel, looks amazing, I am extremely happy with how this turned out! 

INSIDE.jpg

Back side view, organized pretty decent (not the best I know) but not bad either.

BACK.jpg

Front view with the tinted side panel window, this thing is gorgeous.. NOTE: I tried to get that Intel sticker off, it HATES me lol. 

FINAL.jpg

^^^ This is Peanut, say Hi :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update, the system is working great, everything is perfect, it's just proof that older hardware is still relevant today. Next step is to install OSX. :)