Good Laptop for ~1k?

Lumi

Currently looking around for a laptop to do web development on the go with. 

Need Sheet;

Visually Appealing (like a macbook)

High resolution glossy display (not looking to do any gaming on it)

Sturdy Build Quality

Good keyboard

Not annoying trackpad

operating system doesn't matter at all.

i want to die

Just a dumb suggestion, theres the Lenovo 4k one. And the keyboard is amazing. Try not to listen to me Im dumb.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/13

Get a refurbished Macbook Pro, or even an Air (if high res isn't that big of a deal, but it is to me too, so I understand). There are 2015 13" Pros on there for as low as $1099. I've had a 2012 15" refurbished retina Macbook Pro for over two years now and it still works great.

CPU i5 4690k 4.5GHz 

RAM 16GB 1866MHz 

GPU 980 Ti 1.2GHz 

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/13

Get a refurbished Macbook Pro, or even an Air (if high res isn't that big of a deal, but it is to me too, so I understand). There are 2015 13" Pros on there for as low as $1099. I've had a 2012 15" refurbished retina Macbook Pro for over two years now and it still works great.

You just aren't getting what you're paying for though which is why macs are so frustrating.

i want to die

You just aren't getting what you're paying for though which is why macs are so frustrating.

I just thought it fit your requirements. They're decently fast and have all you listed (not to mention that model has 9-10hr battery life), plus you get great customer service where you can walk into a store and have your laptop fixed. I'm not trying to force you, but I'm just saying that's my recommendation. 

CPU i5 4690k 4.5GHz 

RAM 16GB 1866MHz 

GPU 980 Ti 1.2GHz 

I just thought it fit your requirements. They're decently fast and have all you listed (not to mention that model has 9-10hr battery life), plus you get great customer service where you can walk into a store and have your laptop fixed. I'm not trying to force you, but I'm just saying that's my recommendation. 

Yeah but actually dropping a grand on a laptop.

i want to die

ASUS K455LD 14" Laptop - Black (Intel Core i7-4510U / 1TB HDD / 8GB RAM / Windows 8.1) 

This is from bestbuy.ca its currently on sale for $750 

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/asus-asus-k455ld-14-laptop-black-intel-core-i7-4510u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-8-1-k455ld-fh71-cb/10327014.aspx?path=d460bb9dbe9a490cce423991c7000d03en02

ASUS K455LD 14" Laptop - Black (Intel Core i7-4510U / 1TB HDD / 8GB RAM / Windows 8.1) 

This is from bestbuy.ca its currently on sale for $750 

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/asus-asus-k455ld-14-laptop-black-intel-core-i7-4510u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-8-1-k455ld-fh71-cb/10327014.aspx?path=d460bb9dbe9a490cce423991c7000d03en02

Not bad, tis a bit thick for my taste.

i want to die

Visually Appealing (like a macbook)

High resolution glossy display (not looking to do any gaming on it)

Sturdy Build Quality

These requirements are pretty conflicting... usually non-gaming notebooks don't have very high resolution displays these days; far less any notebooks having lots of glossy ones. The sturdy build quality also is a conflict because you're not looking for a macbook-type build then. Usually the really sturdy and nice builds are a bit thicker. I also can't think of a laptop that's at that point in price (and able to benefit from your honestly surprisingly healthy budget for a non-gaming laptop) that marries all the requirements you have together.

I can think about the Alienware 13 and the Dell XPS13 to a point, but the AW is somewhat thick and they both require over $1000 for screens above 1366 x 768.

Since I can't help, I'm going to suggest this forum for you, where basically the whole forum uses notebooks (and a lot of them exclusively, including myself): http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/what-notebook-should-i-buy.16/

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

These requirements are pretty conflicting... usually non-gaming notebooks don't have very high resolution displays these days; far less any notebooks having lots of glossy ones. The sturdy build quality also is a conflict because you're not looking for a macbook-type build then. Usually the really sturdy and nice builds are a bit thicker. I also can't think of a laptop that's at that point in price (and able to benefit from your honestly surprisingly healthy budget for a non-gaming laptop) that marries all the requirements you have together.

I can think about the Alienware 13 and the Dell XPS13 to a point, but the AW is somewhat thick and they both require over $1000 for screens above 1366 x 768.

Since I can't help, I'm going to suggest this forum for you, where basically the whole forum uses notebooks (and a lot of them exclusively, including myself): http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/what-notebook-should-i-buy.16/

When i say sturdy im thinking seomthing that wont break in half when i drop it

i want to die

When i say sturdy im thinking seomthing that wont break in half when i drop it

Yes, exactly. Thin and light models, even if made out of aluminum, are not going to be so nice. Thick plastic or aluminum are most sturdy and desirable, however you didn't want something like that ASUS. I doubt you'll find a perfect laptop, but that place is likely the best for you to get advice.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Yes, exactly. Thin and light models, even if made out of aluminum, are not going to be so nice. Thick plastic or aluminum are most sturdy and desirable, however you didn't want something like that ASUS. I doubt you'll find a perfect laptop, but that place is likely the best for you to get advice.

I honestly think i'm going to go against everything I believe in and buy a refurbed macbook pro.

i want to die