Laptop in a desktop video? Maybe a new version of Scrapyard wars?

My idea is that Linus can build a computer using as much of an old laptop as possible. Yes, I said laptop. He can use everything but the shell of the laptop., and he would have to put these components into a desktop. Maybe a version of scrapyard wars? They could buy used gaming laptops and figure out how to use them in a desktop environment. Another rule is that they have to use more than the SSD/HDD from the computer. What do you think of this? It would be a lot of tinkering for sure!

Easy, just strip apart the laptop, stick it in a case.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

This is probably not going to work, as Laptop components are all soldered onto one single piece of motherboard (mostly). All there is left to do would be attach some heatsinks to it. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

Kinda cool idea but a laptop is mostly 1 solid piece so it'd be too easy

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

be simply slapping the mobo into a case. maybe see who can jerry rig the best cooling, but thats about it

I'd rather see them make a "laptop" using Only desktop parts. So not a laptop then, but a portable with a hinged screen etc. That would seem more like scrapyard wars.

As for te laptop MB in a desktop case, maybe with custom cooling, that could be interesting. Howabout they do both challenges.

I'd rather see them make a "laptop" using Only desktop parts. So not a laptop then, but a portable with a hinged screen etc. That would seem more like scrapyard wars.

As for te laptop MB in a desktop case, maybe with custom cooling, that could be interesting. Howabout they do both challenges.

yes this please

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

There are modded case that put whole thing in suitcase. I've even played with idea of doing something like that into vintage suitcase.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There are modded case that put whole thing in suitcase. I've even played with idea of doing something like that into vintage suitcase.

I have seen stuff like that too, it would make for a good scrapyard wars challenge.