Should i go for Xbox one if i prefer controller and UI over PS4?

cooperb21

Exactly, which is why I find the PS4 to be the better system. If I'm going to buy a "gaming console" I'm going to buy the best one that plays games. Not the one that does everything else like stream, watch netflix, and watch movies on. I want the best experience with the games I play on it and Xbox being as slow as it is just doesn't give me that. 

And that is where the line starts... Playstation is for straight up gamers, and Xbox is appealing to a wider audience (not saying it is more popular, as it clearly isn't. It just has potential to be more appealing to families), but sacrifices a bit of performance because of it. Since it's not too noticeable for me, I'm in that larger spectrum.

Also, having both, I've never had any severe problems in-game with the One, so I'm curious as to what your experience is? Maybe some consoles are hit and miss? Honestly Microsoft would have done better by ditching kinect-only from the start, and using that extra price room to upgrade the components so it could in theory run 5 apps at the same time without any noticeable lag. Not that people still wouldn't hate on it, but if it had better specs a lot more people would have switched.

And that is where the line starts... Playstation is for straight up gamers, and Xbox is appealing to a wider audience (not saying it is more popular, as it clearly isn't. It just has potential to be more appealing to families), but sacrifices a bit of performance because of it. Since it's not too noticeable for me, I'm in that larger spectrum.

Also, having both, I've never had any severe problems in-game with the One, so I'm curious as to what your experience is? Maybe some consoles are hit and miss? Honestly Microsoft would have done better by ditching kinect-only from the start, and using that extra price room to upgrade the components so it could in theory run 5 apps at the same time without any noticeable lag. Not that people still wouldn't hate on it, but if it had better specs a lot more people would have switched.

My experience with most games for me, even after a hard reset on Xbox ONE, the game glitches and freezes in certain spots. Network connection is crap with wifi on both systems in my opinion. The PS4 just loads faster on most games for me and just in general the system loads everything I do on it faster. Xbox is just way to glitchy.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

My experience with most games for me, even after a hard reset on Xbox ONE, the game glitches and freezes in certain spots. Network connection is crap with wifi on both systems in my opinion. The PS4 just loads faster on most games for me and just in general the system loads everything I do on it faster. Xbox is just way to glitchy.

Fair enough. I've had like 1 or 2 freezes with the one over the past year, but nothing too bad. I guess it all depends on how demanding the games we play are as well. 

I actually do have a lot of friends on Xbox, I play my Xbox everyday with some friends, I just prefer the PS4 because it's a better system console wise. I play my PC more than anything because the community is better, people don't compare PC specs like you think they do. People just play the games and become friends. PSN is not down as much as you really think. I get on PSN everyday as well and it's never down when I get on. As for games, every game that you probably play on Xbox is on PS4. As for games, you have Order 1886, Little Big Planet 3, and most multiplatform games are better on PS4 than Xbox ONE. 

The games are the same man they run nearly the same and only look better on PS4 if you compare them right next to each other. If you had the game running you prob would not even tell if it was xbox one or ps4. Thats one upside to this generation the mulitplatform games are the same on all platforms running near same fps. Compare that to last gen when i had a ps3 any bethesda game or alot of MP games all ran sub 20fps on ps3 vs 30fps on xbox 360. You should be buying consoles based on other factors than graphics it should be about the games and xbox one has better exclusives if you ask me Playstation has Bloodborne, Infamous not much else the order looks to be about graphics not gameplay and must of rest is meh.

Im not even a fan of shooters but halo is at least lightly interesting to me and sunsetoverdrive along with dead rising 3 the PS4 right now has nothing for me until Uncharted. 

The games are the same man they run nearly the same and only look better on PS4 if you compare them right next to each other. If you had the game running you prob would not even tell if it was xbox one or ps4. Thats one upside to this generation the mulitplatform games are the same on all platforms running near same fps. Compare that to last gen when i had a ps3 any bethesda game or alot of MP games all ran sub 20fps on ps3 vs 30fps on xbox 360. You should be buying consoles based on other factors than graphics it should be about the games and xbox one has better exclusives if you ask me Playstation has Bloodborne, Infamous not much else the order looks to be about graphics not gameplay and must of rest is meh.

Im not even a fan of shooters but halo is at least lightly interesting to me and sunsetoverdrive along with dead rising 3 the PS4 right now has nothing for me until Uncharted.

Ps4 has to wait another year so to start actually playing games, uncharted won't be ready til late 2016 and it will be 900p 30fps cause we know sony cant even optimize their own games.while xbox users are playing games and backwards compatible is a big hit right now also we get fallout 4 mods first.

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

Im unsure if i should go for Xbox one or PS4. I think i prefer UI and media elements of the xbox one but the Playstation 4 seems to run Multiplatform games slightly better graphically. Controller wise i prefer 360 over ps3. 

The only thing im worried about is if i get xbox one will i be missing out or is it not huge difference? I know last generation we had this sort of issue early on when some games were just not playable or ran like crap on ps3 because of developers. 

Pros i see of both unsure which to go with

PS4:

Better looking versions of games

Better single player exclusives

Xbox one:

Prefer Xbox one controller

Prefer UI

Prefer Xbox live 

PC

CPU: Intel i7 4700 GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Storage: 1TB Western Blue RAM: 8 GB GDDR3 Operating Software: Windows 10 Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W Case: Shitty HP Case From Old Pre Built PC
<p>

I mean if you prefer the UI of an Xbox One theres something wrong... because it's garbage. Literal garbage. And because you like the 360 controller doesn't mean you will like the ONE controller. The PS4 controller is better in every way possible over the ONE controller. It's stupid, thumbstick are way to small and get really lose and flimsy after like a month of use. The Xbox ONE isn't just a downgrade from a PS4 graphics wise, but performance in general. It's way to slow. And Xbox Live for the ONE sucks ass compared to 360 Xbox Live. You're really better off getting a PS4 mate. The Xbox ONE is just a big giant brick that waste money. With the way it performs it's a console that should have been released like 4 years ago... at least the PS4 can somewhat pull off new age stuff. 

"Literal garbage"? You just lost all credibility.

The One controller was designed from the same principles that shaped the 360. The Playstation controller is a completely different animal. Chances are, if you like the 360 controller, you will most likely prefer  the One controller over the PS4 controller.

For Xbox you'll need a dongle AFAIK, but it supports more games, such as GTA V PC.

You only need the charging cable that comes with the Play and charge kit. Costs extra, but you'd spend a fortune on it otherwise in batteries.

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black