Mousepad Rubber Wearing Away?

tennisman

I own a corsair mm200 compact mousepad, and I have been using it for about 3 months now. For the first 2 months, everything was great, the mousepad was sturdy and never slid at all. Recently, I have noticed that it has started to slide around without me applying much force at all. The mousepad has never been moved off of my desk. Could it be particles somehow getting stuck? Or is it just natural for rubber to wear away like this?

Get the new Razer Firefly (if you want a new one :P)

Going back to your problem, if you think it is dirt, take a wet rag or paper towel and wipe it down. Make sure it is dry before you use it with your mouse on it :)

Intel Core i5 4590Gigabyte GA-970 Ax4 4GB DDR3 Crucial Balistix SportGigabyte Windforce GTX 970 | 3 TB of HDD | Enermax CoenusEVGA 500 Watt 80 Plus | Windows 10 | Razer Black Widow Tournament EditionLogitech G502 Proteus Core | Audio Technica M50x | Tonor BM 700 Nikon D3400 

CompTIA A+ Certified

My desk has a wood grain in it which in theory would kill the bottom of the mouse mat. My sensitivity is quite high though. I could use a coaster as a mouse mat. 

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1